Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links

RSXGL - RSX Graphics Library for PS3 is Now Ready for Developers

Sponsored Links
    Sony PlayStation 3 hacker KaKaRoToKS has announced today that the RSX Graphics Library for PS3 known as RSXGL by Alex Betts is now ready for use by developers.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

From his blog: RSXGL Working and Usable

Hi everyone!

When the PS3 homebrew scene started, a lot of people were complaining that it wasn’t possible to write 3D games for the PS3 because of its lack of OpenGL library.

Almost a year ago, Alex Betts thought he would tackle this problem and he started working on RSXGL... an implementation of the OpenGL 3.1 specification written from scratch targeting the PS3′s RSX.

Anyone in their right mind would say that it’s impossible, that it’s too much work, but Alex spent the last year working on it, alone, until it became usable. You can read some news about it here.

For some reason though, no one used it to build their own apps. Maybe the status of the project was scaring them, it was said to be incomplete, there was no GLSL support, etc...

I am writing today to tell you that RSXGL is perfectly usable! It supports online GLSL compilation, as well as any feature you might want. As proof, I have written a new hardware accelerated engine for the EFL using RSXGL and it worked great!

Alex and I spent a lot of time testing and fixing all the issues that were in RSXGL that were made visible by the EFL’s GL engine and I am happy to say that it’s working now. Expedite is able to run most of its tests at 50 to 60 fps on 1080p resolution (instead of the average of 5 to 10 fps it had on 720p before).

You can see performance tests right here (Running some tests from expedite) :

Software rendering: dl.dropbox.com/u/22642664/expedite_psl1ght.log

[Register or Login to view code]

RSXGL rendering: dl.dropbox.com/u/22642664/expedite_rsxgl.log

[Register or Login to view code]

Please give RSXGL a try. Also, you can get the latest EFL version from my repository, which includes the gl engine for PS3. Now, any EFL application will be automatically hardware accelerated thanks to RSXGL. I hope we can see some new games (or old GL games being ported) soon!

RSXGL : github.com/gzorin/RSXGL
    EFL : github.com/kakaroto/e17

Enjoy!

RSXGL - RSX Graphics Library for PS3 is Now Ready for Developers

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    kool. i hope thatotherdev or whatever his name is, the guy that makes a lot of homebrew games can use this. thanks for all the effort!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So, wierd question. What is the REAL possibility of taking a minecraft Xbox or pc version and running it on a PS3 using 3.55 CFW. I think this would be an earth shaker for the scene and make some real news. Just a thought. What do you think?

ps3 minecraft sounds like a really good idea. Might take some time though if it happens

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News