Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It would be pretty cool if someone could modify this so that it can load a game off of a network share. Then you could store the games on your computer if you wanted to. Then you could access all of the games you own over the network.

I'm pretty sure the max speed of USB 2.0 is 480 MBPS. Since the PS3 has a gigabit network card, you could then get 1000 MBPS on a netowrk share and double your game loading times.

For me, I own about 30 games that I bought but I hate having to change the dam disk all the time. Because it is such a pain, i pretty much just play one game that is on a BL disk and I play the DL games from PSN.

Having to change the disc each time we want to play a different game is kinda like watching TV without a remote. What happens when you don't have a remote for the TV? You do not change the channel nearly as much and you don't flip around during the commericials.

That is one thing that is good about computer games that you can install and Onlive.

At least when I'm on my computer i'm only about 2 ft from the disk drive to change the game. When using the PS3 i'm on the couch about 16 feet away.
    Last edited by gear323; 09-28-2010 at 02:52 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanl33x1511 View Post
    For those who want to know what is the purpose, i was thinking you can make a fold name relate to your game instead of region code folder like BLES OR BLUS something. you can make a folder name of yor game and put that game contain in that folder, and mount, so more organize i guess ? correct me if i was wrong.
    You could do this already. You don't need to use the default folder names for either external or internal.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice job! Thanks alot! Looking forward for the "no disc needed version" i'll test this one while waiting

Greetings dotpower
    Last edited by dotpower; 09-28-2010 at 03:31 AM

Quote Originally Posted by PR0r View Post
    You could do this already. You don't need to use the default folder names for either external or internal.
    how can you do this already?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asherungar View Post
    how can you do this already?
    are you really asking how to rename a folder??

This allows said folder to be wherever you want, as opposed to inside the default "laun12345" folder
    Last edited by OldasDirt; 09-28-2010 at 03:59 AM

i'd be happier if the ftp would let you move/rename.. would be easier.

I agree with gear323 (except for the walking part you lazy bum ) but does anybody think that`s possible ?? because just to play blu ray via the network you need Orb/SP3serv/etc.

It would be nice if someone could find out how to dirrectly connect the ps3 to the homenetwork anyway, I hope someone could make something homebrew for that..
    Last edited by Ecniv; 09-28-2010 at 06:13 AM

it'd prob be too slow for running games etc. everything else has been done ie video/ftp.

I'll check this out. Thanks for that stuff (still on BM 1 with BD in drive)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ryanl33x1511 View Post
    For those who want to know what is the purpose, i was thinking you can make a fold name relate to your game instead of region code folder like BLES OR BLUS something. you can make a folder name of yor game and put that game contain in that folder, and mount, so more organize i guess ? correct me if i was wrong.
    I guess combined with the method to exrtact files larger than 4gb this could be pretty useful for external storage. Otherwise you can useually figure out the game by taking a look at the PARAM.SFO file. I keep my backups on an NTFS partition and FTP them over to the PS3 internal drive when I want to play them.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News