Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

NullDC / PCSX2 WIP PS3 Ports in Development

Sponsored Links
    Today PuppetMaster reports that drk||Raziel has just [Register or Login to view links] he is working on porting NullDC and PCSX2 to Sony's PS3 entertainment system.

For those unaware, NullDC is a DreamCast emulator and PCSX2 is a PS2 emulator, with the official news update below, to quote:

"Well, sometimes you just can't get free from your projects as easily as you want to. So, seeing as there wasn't much interest in nulldc's source I started to work at it again ! (And yes, of course it will remain open source).

So, I'm officially again working on nullDC! There's a bank of ideas on the wiki on what I plan to do. We're also planning to get the project side back up and stuff.

Leaving that aside, I'd also like to ask for donations. The project hasn't really asked for donations so far (except specific cases, like the Pandora port that required hardware to be brought). As I'm running quite low on money I'll open up donations for the project.

Donated money will be used for: Getting a ps3, porting/working on nullDC/pcsx2 for ps3, getting a jtag'd xbox to port stuff to it, and finally to pay for server/misc hardware fees."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is great news indeed.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is what I wanted ps2 support now I can play my games like Another Century Episode 1-3.

Thumbs Up

Nice catch on the typo urbanracer34, I fixed it and +Rep!

So he's porting a PS2 to PS3?

Supposedly the PS2 emulator to PS3 yep, although many seem to think it will run slow if completed so I guess we'll see how things pan out.

wow you are going to start porting the hardest plataforms to emulate, good luck with that

actually the ps2 is perfectly emulated albeit a few games while the xbox has not been successfully emulated it is the hardest to emulate and the gamecube falls third even though it was stronger then the ps2 and the dreamcast was emulated pretty decently especially for some games so have a good one with it and hope a pspjailbreak comes out soon so I can finally dump the orange box and sell it.

WOW this is FANTASTIC, i was eagerly awaiting to hear this news from the day when i bought my non-ps2 compatible 80GB PS3 and i hope that author will release it asap.

Now if we could only find a way to make sure the jailbreak is safe so $ony don't ban our consoles.

"How dare they try to use features which we should have included to begin with! Those shameless thieves!" - Sony regarding the homebrew scene

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News