Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    the most amazing port, if possible, would be Dolphin. what would trully make it the ultimate ps3 app, is support for the move.

i still own a dreamcast, and i have a 60gb ps3, so the ports are great, but of no use to me.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    finally no need to hunt down old 60gb ps3s for exhorbinant prices!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Will we be able to emulate the ps2 and dc and be able to get full speed out of it on a ps3? I'm not really sure about that...

I will be happy if we can play n64 at full speed

I think we can get fully speed if written correctly, The ps3's cell processor is a lot more powerful than most game developers have made it seem, However it requires coding very different than what we are used to today as the processor does physics and graphics.

It would be interesting to see if the pcsx team could get power out of it that even sony seems to fail at getting.

pcsx2 might be difficult, because there is no chip in newer ps3 revisions..

but we are not talking about sony's ps3 ps2 emulation.

this is a different emulator which uses different hardwares and different program coding.

Quote Originally Posted by lowskill
    i love dreamcast and the great dreamcast games, hope nulldc will work properly.
    Once it's ported and optimized for the architecture, I can't see why it wouldn't. I've tested builds on my old Core2 at 300%+ speeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by imtoodvs
    the most amazing port, if possible, would be Dolphin. what would trully make it the ultimate ps3 app, is support for the move.

i still own a dreamcast, and i have a 60gb ps3, so the ports are great, but of no use to me.
    Once you've seen Dreamcast and PS2 in high res, you may change your mind. I've shown this comparision before, but have a look at the screenshots I've attached to get an idea of the quality of improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by drLipton
    Will we be able to emulate the ps2 and dc and be able to get full speed out of it on a ps3? I'm not really sure about that...

I will be happy if we can play n64 at full speed
    The PS3 is more powerful than you may think, and thanks to new caching techniques being implemented on our emulatior, the memory requirement is considerably lower than it used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by manolis13
    pcsx2 might be difficult, because there is no chip in newer ps3 revisions..
    Even if these chip(s) were available, we wouldn't use them. Our emulator is much better as pure software than Sony's ever was when it was using original hardware (not to mention that you don't get true HD resolutions using the GS hardware).
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Last edited by General Plot; 09-08-2010 at 01:39 PM

PCSX2 screenshots look VASTLY superior. I hope you get the emulator running that great on the PS3 port.

looking forward to it! Imagine DC, GC, Wii, and PS2, all on 1 system!

Registered User Dragonball98312's Avatar
    wow those screen shots look great!

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News