Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

NullDC DreamCast Emulator PS3 Port Update, BiOS Operational

Sponsored Links
    Update: Some pictures and a video (below) are now available of the NullDC Dreamcast emulator running on PS3 for those interested!

A few days ago we reported news that drk||Raziel is working on porting the Sega DreamCast emulator NullDC to Sony's PS3, and today he reports that the BiOS is operational and running!

Speaking to PSGroove, [Register or Login to view links] states, to quote: "Letsee .. oh wait, it cross compiled ! *yay* for uber portable code ;p Interpreter only / underclock 4x / no pvr rendering / no audio / no input. Bios intro runs fine, then gets on the clock dialog screen. YAY !"

Currently it is produced on a PS3 Debug unit due to its remote debugging, but the code will run on Retail PS3 consoles as well. Below is the log file for those curious, cool news indeed!

[Register or Login to view code]

NullDC DreamCast Emulator PS3 Port Update, BiOS Operational

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm thinking that I'll have to pick up a second ps3 pretty soon. I wonder if it'll be able to play gdroms or if it'll only work with backups.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Man, if it continues like this, we gonna be swimming in quality homebrew in no time.

soo with the move coming out soon when are we going to see a wii emulator? lol

Quote Originally Posted by erschr View Post
    soo with the move coming out soon when are we going to see a wii emulator? lol
    Isn't the wiimote bluetooth? Don't think the move is really necessary, but you do bring up a very tantalizing idea - wii games on my ps3!!!

My wii is jailbroken so I have all the games I want. Believe me when I say that it is no fun.

However, it would be pretty sweet if it could be upscaled, like using Dolphin.

This will be awesome if it will work with retail PS3's with psgroove. I have a whole stack of DC games that I haven't got to play since my Dreamcast gave up on me, and I just haven't bought a new one. If it works, then I won't need to. Also I like the PS3 controller a lot better than the big clunky one for the Dreamcast.

I wake up every morning just wondering what is gonna be the next awesome homebrew development. Awesome time to be a PS3 owner!

I had the idea of porting dolphin when I first heard about the jailbreak. I think it's a great idea, but it will be far from perfect. I'm sure it will take a lot of work to make happen, but fortunately the ps3 has the power. It would be so sweet to play almost all of my favorite games on one console.

Awesome news! Keep the homebrew coming!
    My wii is jailbroken so I have all the games I want. Believe me when I say that it is no fun.

However, it would be pretty sweet if it could be upscaled, like using Dolphin.
    @spark32 - Never heard a wii referred to as "jailbroken"! LoL Not that there is anything wrong with that. Just never heard anyone say there wii is jailbroken! I always see it referred to as a "softmod". Different strokes for different folks! LoL

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News