Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Wow, this is great news, and thanks for the version updates throughout the thread.

This is very exciting - it's like the JTAG hack for 360s, but without the fuse limitations. Do we know if the install diagram is similar for all models?

Perhaps a good homebrew software flasher will be worked on, especially with the new SDK leak. If this method proves reliable, I think I'll mount my Teensy inside and put a mini USB port on the case.

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    is there a testpint plan for PS3 Slim CECH-2004B? Can't find it

Sponsored Links

Dump check

Sponsored Links
    Hi guys!

Thanks for this great tutorial, I try dump my flash on a 3.56v1 FAT Ps3 (the motherboard is the same in this post) but I'm not sure if the dump are correctly dumped. Who I can check it? I would not try to flash it and finally kill the Ps3

Sorry for my bad English, and thanks for the help.

Arrow NORway - Teensy++ 2.0 NOR flasher for PS3 v0.4 is Released

NORway - Teensy++ 2.0 NOR flasher for PS3 v0.4 is now released by judges.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

Just finished NORway v0.4 beta 10. Implemented CrackMyDay's excellent bulk writing method, which reduces programming time for "writeword" mode from 60mins to less than 10mins. "writewordubm" mode also doubled its speed (<10mins now).

But the most important thing is that I've found a bug in the RY/BY wait function. Before checking RY/BY state it requires a delay of 90ns. Made it very unreliable.

Although this version is totally untested except by me of course.

As always, before trying to write, make sure that your dump is perfect!

Changelog v0.4:

+ Added programming support for Samsung and Macronix

Currently supported NOR types:
    Spansion S29GL128N
    Spansion S29GL128P
    Samsung K8P2716UZC
    Samsung K8Q2815UQB
    Macronix MX29GL128E

+ Added manufacturer and chip type autoselect
    + Added sector protection recognition (Samsung K8Q2815UQB not supported)
    + Added "bootloader" command to NORway.py (enters Teensy's bootloader mode)
    + Added "erasechip" command to NORway.py

NORway.py COMx erasechip

Erases the entire NOR (takes 1-3 minutes)

+ Added two new programming modes

NORway.py COMx writeword dump.bin

Requires manual chip/sector erase before.

Programs the NOR in word programming mode. It's a four-bus-cycle operation (per word), i.e. it's the slowest, but most compatible programming mode. A full write takes about 55 minutes. Supported by all NOR types. Use this as a last resort if nothing else works.

NORway.py COMx writewordubm dump.bin

Requires manual chip/sector erase before.

Programs the NOR in unlock bypass mode (word programming). It's a two-bus-cycle operation (per word), i.e. it's slower than write buffer programming (command "write"), but faster than standard word programming mode (see above). A full write takes about 21 minutes. Supported by all NOR types. Use this if "write" command doesn't work.

thanks man it helped me a lot...

love this thanks

NORway - Teensy++ 2.0 NOR Flasher for PS3 v0.5 is Released

Following up on his previous release, today PlayStation 3 developer judges has updated the Teensy++ 2.0 NOR flasher NORway for PS3 to version 0.5 with the changes outlined below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

NORway v0.5 Changelog:
    • Added block table for Samsung K8Q2815UQB. The programming modes "writeword" and "writewordubm" don't require manual chip/sector erase prior to writing anymore!
    • Bugfix: "NORway.py COMx release" didn't work. Now you can leave Teensy powered at all times and console will boot up correctly after issuing a "release" command
    • Bugfix: increased TRANSMIT_TIMEOUT for Teensy's serial device to 10000ms (required for OS X)
    • Bugfix: disabled DSR/DTR flow control (wasn't working reliably on OS X)
    • Bugfix: TRISTATE wasn't set correctly
    • Added additional verification when writing is done. Although each write command verifies each written sector/block, it happened that written bytes weren't persistent
    • Added "verify" command

NORway v0.6 Beta Changelog:
    • Changed programming modes "write", "writeword" and "writewordubm" to "vwrite", "vwriteword" and "vwritewordubm".
    • Added new programming modes that skip verification for single 4KB blocks: "write", "writeword" and "writewordubm".
    • Moved verification algorithm to Teensy.

Update: From littlebalup: Hi ladies and gents, As an alternative to WAYgui by Swizzy, here comes my personal simple programs, written in batch and compiled as exe, to easily launch and work with the well known NORway and NANDway python scripts by Judges.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

Features:
    • Multi-lingual (English and french only for the moment, with auto-detection per windows language) If someones would like to translate to another languages, sources are available.
    • Teensy COM port auto-detection
    • Multi-dumps (I mean you can define a quantity of dumps to perform)
    • Binary dumps comparison after dumps (if multi-dumps) with log file.

Install note:
    • Simply paste the exe files into the same directory as NORway.py / NANDway.py
    • Execute

Update #2: New version of NORPatch available from judges: Norpatch v4.60.0
    • Added OFW 4.60 recognition

Update #3: New version of NORPatch available from judges: Norpatch v4.65.0
    • Added OFW 4.65 recognition

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

screen1.png   screen2.png  

can i downgrade 4.xx ps3 with just a Teensy ++ 2.0 ?

PS3 Flashing with Teensy help?

Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to read this as im writing this 310am after 7+ hours of searching how to 'jailbreak/downgrade' my ps3 to 3.55.

Note I am a complete noob and im sorry if this has been asked a million times but believe me when i say i tried putting peoples opinions and answers together and still couldn't come up with a solution.

I have 2 Slim PS3's (second gen) and only want to jailbreak 1 due to reading a bunch of forums and opinions how one shouldn't be jailbroken, sooo...

Both are running on 4.60 but the upgrades before were 2.70 (cech2001A) for one of them and 3.40 (cech2501A) for the other so both of them are good to go but i plan on downgrading my 3.40.

I'm aware i need a flasher and I've seen plenty tutorials but they're a little out of my price range so i was leaning more towards the NORway teensy but even then there are many options to choose from.

So what im asking of you guys/girls is a complete checklist of things i need to get and maybe how to disassemble and solder (also wondering 1-10 how hard and chances of me bricking my system) the board or whatever it is and what i need to program to downgrade. I know theres a difference between NOR and NAND and i think i have a NOR since all slims are NOR but haven't seen any tutorials for them.

After all that downgrading now what? do i begin jailbreaking and what sources do i need? (if its anything like the iphone lol if not i apologize)

My main intention isn't to pirate anything but i have my reasons and maybe have some fun on mw3 hosting lobbies (with friends) since a lot of people are against hacking online.

Also i've read many that if i were to hack online i would get banned instantly for any game especially well known games.

so thank you to whoever can respond to these question, i really do appreciate anyone taking the time to help me with my troubles. i have an empty shopping cart waiting....

Reason why i leaned towards the teensy is after reading about NORway.. it's the software for Teensy++ 2.0 development board and brings stability and reliability to NOR flash reading.

most importantly Teensy++ 2.0 development board is made by US company and it costs USD 27 with pins solder to it, which means no custom import taxes for people in the US. so, what you need:
    • NORway: free and open source software
    • Teensy++ 2.0 development board with pins soldered to make it easier for you
    • 360-clip NOR clip 58-pin
    • female jumper wires

bottom line for less money you get much better solution, which is something from the past for me. last, but not least and for completeness i want to mention that you will need to solder few extra pins to Teensy++ 2.0, because the version with soldered pins doesn't have all necessary for NORway work pins soldered.

that again can be done from someone for you for just a few bucks - at the end you will end up with a actually NOR programmer with professional quality and reliability and you can even help other people with it and make money.

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News