While this makes me glad I bought a Teensy++ 2.0 the thought of soldering 40+ wires makes me cringe. It's been way too many years since I've had to solder that many wires into a console, not since I put a DMS3+ into my V4 PS2 years ago.
LOL , Soldering is a problem tho it looks really pretty when it is done, wishing I kept the teensy++ now but I kept the other usb - we wont mention names lol, shame I havent friends that solder they all turn to me for mad stuff like this, congratulations tho, I might wait until I goto college for 10 years to learn to solder (my soldering looks like welding pmsl)!
That is a lot of soldering, but at least it is all on points or pads so it shouldn't be that hard for someone with a moderate amount of experience. At least you don't have to solder onto any of the traces directly. I had to do that to fix my custom fight stick (toodles based stick for 360/PS3/PC) for MvC3 and it was a ***** trying to get a wire to stick to a trace the size of a human hair.
Below is a roughly translated guide from calimba on how to do a PS3 NOR dump with a Teensy 2.0++ device: demonhades.org/foro/viewtopic.php?f=224&t=4892#p31010. I have also added the NORway v0.2 for PS3 update to the first post.
Community well this is my first tutorial I hope you understand me. I'll be putting images to be more clear, then began:
Teensy 2.0 + +
Obviously a PC
1. Unzip the Norway where we want and install the serial_install.exe that comes inside the zip then download it and install it.
2. Program with the Teensy hex that is inside the folder "default" of Norway
3. Solder to play the 3 because of the review board is different from the diagram, here are a few. I used this:
And these are the points of the teensy:
4. Ya all welded to the plate and console ps3 off with the red LED and connect the usb to pc teensy then went into the Device Manager and look for Ports (COM & LPT) as you can see the next image to I really teensy detected in COM3
5. Open the windows command line CMD and go as far as Norway and unpack the NORway.py write in my case COM3
6. Then ignition internal green LED console and type in CMD flash.bin NORway.py COM3 dump and start making the dump, as you'll see in the image does not take much 2 minutes 38 seconds
7. Last step. After the dump CMD wrote in COM3 NORway.py NOR release to reset and turn off the console and disconnect the teensy and ready and we have the dump of the NOR
PS: I'm not very good with photocase this
PD2: I did everything in windows 7 x64
I want to thank Demonhades, Jaicrab rather the entire mark HadesTeam also thank the Judges and Norway