Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 PS3 Trophy Glitch Discovered

It appears a PS3 Trophy glitch has been discovered on the recently released Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for PS3.

Those who utilize this PS3 hack can accumulate PS3 Trophies without even playing the game simply by watching another user play through the game's menu.

To quote from Examiner.com (linked above): "A glitch has been discovered in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 where players can earn trophies without even playing the game.

By watching a replay of another person's play through in the game's menu, the onlooker will get any trophies unlocked from the footage.

A similar glitch was previously discovered in Ninja Gaiden II on the Xbox 360."

Here is to hoping that Tecmo can patch the trophy glitch before the exploitation becomes widespread.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 PS3 Trophy Glitch Discovered

More PlayStation 3 News...

haha.. that's seriously a pretty lame bug IMHO... but knowing how SCE works, it will probably take at least 2 weeks before the game is patched (SCE needs to review/approve the patch and it takes a while).

Indeed.. even more pathetic is this:
    A similar glitch was previously discovered in Ninja Gaiden II on the Xbox 360.
    You'd think they would have been sure to check that before the PS3 version hit.

Ummm...

How is it that you guys are saying that you hope it gets fixed before the word gets out... yet you post an article detailing the problem and how it happens? Doesn't quite make sense does it. That aside, I love this site.

It's quite simple. I wrote the article, and that is what felt like writing. Just because we report news like this doesn't mean we have to agree with it (duh!).

In any case, it's far more than I've ever seen you do here... and I will issue you an Infraction for your lack of any contributions to date. Why don't you submit a few articles so we can critique them, eh? When you start posting 10+ articles a day every day, then you can talk.

The issue here is that if this bug was found on the 360 this port didnt get any supervision at all. Furthermore people using this glitch to get more trophys are probably as lame as the supervision this game got since getting a trophy is something to be proud of.

Working a game to gain a TROPHY is just a reminder of how sweet that moment you earned the trophy was. Getting a trophy by watching a video is just lame and the sense of accomplishments just fades away and reminds you how pathetic you can be.

In their defense this doesn't seem like the kind of glitch they could notice. However it has happened with them before so =\

i just got this game today.. i hope its patched.. oh and sorry for bumpin the old thread boss.

I love this game. I feel like playing it again. Thanks elser1.