New PS3 Open Manager Codenamed Th@nkY0u Manager Arrives

Today neox3 has released a new PS3 Open Manager codenamed Th@nkY0u Manager, however, most users who have given it a test run currently report receiving only a black screen.

Download: PS3 Th@nkY0u Manager

To quote: This is a small project I made to make Open Manager a little more "aesthetic."

It is a project based on a base version of "Open Manager", adding various fixes including same "SynaPS3" fix.

Needless to list the features. Test it.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Not a big fan of the name, but the loader it self looks great

Well, here some reports ..

1 - It crashes if you have "_gamedir" (ie: games shrinked via opensplit 666xx mode)
    2 - I had to hexedit eboot.bin to force loader reading external games installed in GAMEZ dir and not GAMES (only default path) .. no option file or somelike to change

Quote Originally Posted by rgelera View Post
    Not a big fan of the name
    Neither am I, mainly because we have the "@" character in our filter here to send posts with it to the moderation queue since spammers often use it to include their e-mails on forums.

Well, i've tried it and have to say. SKIP THAT!! Its build on a very old OM release and is far away from up to date.

Looks are good , but that's not primary.

Greets Modmate

I didn't even test it as it is full of bugs and you have to restart your PS3 when it crashes.

Hope they fix the bugs, it looks great.

Interface looks great, if this could be upgraded to newer OM it will be awesome.

Banned User
    i tried it yesterday... i liked it but the music had to go... and i couldn't get covers working... i liked the date and time though...

This is actually a rather severe misconception regarding the GPL. Someone using your sources DOES NOT have to make their application open source! They only have to allow access to modification to YOUR sources they may make.

The GPL is NOT a viral license like people may try to claim.

And furthermore, as a side note, 'making sources available' does not necessarily mean posting them up publicly for just anyone to grab. The GPL does not negate *selling* a derivative work and only allowing paying customers to have access to source codes. They do still however have to make their modifications to your source public, if your sources were public in the first place.

I think it's hilarious that we're splitting hairs on licensing issues between homebrew devs but blithely trample the rights and IP of Sony with every offical-sdk based release. I'm not saying we should or shouldn't, just be aware of the incredible irony there