Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour07 View Post
    People won't be downgrading pre-3.55, the most likely scenario for most people is going to be:

3.55 CFW
    Upgrade to 3.60+ OFW
    Downgrade to 3.55 CFW
    Upgrade to 3.60+ OFW
    that would be a nightmare lol

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Then again, nothing is 'unhackable' as it's only a matter of time. Sony's every attempt to secure the console has so far been flattened by Devs & hackers alike.

Same with the Xbox - It's been quite some time since there's been any serious activity, only DVD FW which most the pirates have jumped straight on to cash in. I'm actually glad the JTAG/Rebooter Glitch has been found as now BOTH consoles can be used once again for homebrew.

Sony might have the upper hand, but we soon catch up

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    sorry for bumping this topic! hopefully there's someone that can confirm model CECH2504B datacode 1A ca be downgraded. it came with 3.56 out of the box MinVerChk shows me minimum firmware = 3.50 >>

have checked the matter with E3 team, and they are not sure, its RARE model

ps3 wiki shows it can downgrade, is there any way of checking the MELTR after installing the E3flasher and backing up the NAND Bios like in the first post?!

thx for any help on this!

From what I understand you can't below what the ps3 came with. So if it came with 3.56 that is the lowest that you can go.

Thumbs Up

Hi,

that sucks, the thing is, if you check ps3 dev wiki it could work.

Actual praxis: 3.55/3.56

is MinVerChk no full-proof if it says Min Firmware: 3.50 can be installed? even though 3.56 was loaded.

is there a possibilty. the shop returns the older ps3's, updated the firmware 3.56 at the time, put a new STICKER on the bottom with new Datacode. put the ps3 in its original box in another box and sell it as virtua tennis bundle they even give another controller and a platinum game for free i think they want rid of it.

it looks though that the PS3 letters on the topcover are smaller then previous CECH2504B i can recall,not sure that the PS3 letters where bigger.

should i try or leave it alone, i know its my responsibility!!

if i try anyway hehe, is there a way to unbrick the system(with the NAND backup) if it fails at the downgrade?

ps: i can get another FAT PS3 CECHL04 80GB for 180€, its a good system (16mb NAND) 180 is a bit much or good price?

thx in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

2505-1A.JPG  

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News