Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

New PS3 Game Update PKG Finder Applications and Guide Arrives

Sponsored Links
    Over the last few weeks we've seen several PS3 game update PKG finder applications and Web frontends arrive, including two more today along with a simple guide for those seeking to learn how find PS3 Package updates on their own.

Download: Another New Update Software v1.5 / Another New Update Software v1.9 / PS3 Game Update Finder (JAVA)

For those unaware, these allow you to locate new PS3 PSN Game Update Links and PS3 Debug Game Update Links which can be added to their respective databases.

Moving on to the latest PS3 game update PKG finder applications, Another New Update Software is by Bhaal at PS3-Addict (linked above) and the JAVA PS3 Game Update Finder is by [Register or Login to view links].

To quote each in part, roughly translated:

Another New Update Software:

I remind to you that the goal of these files debugs is to convert a demonstration PSN concerned complete like this. This version supports the bonds:

- Retail Update
    - Production quality Update insurance
    - Production quality Update
    - Debug Update
    - Release Update Candidate
    - Management Update (nonknown URL)

PS3 Game Update Finder (JAVA):

With the emergence of Web applications for Windows and for updates of games for PS3, I decided to create a Java application that gives the three operating systems Linux, Windows and Mac. About the application:

- The game ID can be uppercase to lowercase. The Game Can Be ID uppercase to lowercase.
    - You can choose to connect using http or https protocols. You Can choose to connect using http or https protocols.
    - Multi language is still being developed. Multi language is still Being developed.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So i'm new with this updating stuff, i just looked for Heavy Rain update, so i found a retail update.

So just download the pkg and put it on usbstick and install it in JB mode or do i have to boot in normal mode, and then play the game or can the updating cause the game not to work as is the case of updating via the game itself in somecases?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Good job. It works for me.

You need to download the pkg then put it on usb flash drive (usb stick as you called it) but remember do to not rename it and install it in JB mode. Now, go to Install Package Files icon and click it and now you see the .pkg file. Now, install it and it will install for you. ENJOY! It works for me.
    Last edited by bearmon2010; 10-27-2010 at 08:28 AM

I like the "Another New Update Software" because it is just 1 file, makes the search really easy and shows me all available files on the Network, a great assistant !

Isn't this pointless with the new payload? I thought people were connecting to the internet and downloading updates anyways?

That's what I thought too. Unless I am missing something.

What I need is a 3.50 fw hack or CFW so I can get back on PSN.

Quote Originally Posted by Helmax View Post
    Isn't this pointless with the new payload? I thought people were connecting to the internet and downloading updates anyways?
    Well it's handy for people like me that have a 20gb with no wifi and don't want to spend the money for a gaming access point.

Quote Originally Posted by Helmax View Post
    The is useful if your interested in dumping *PSN* games and sharing them with your friends. (Not disc based games)

Dump your game and find the -proper- unlocked debug addon or update and win. Not all debug updates or addons are unlocked. All PixelJunk eboots are locked. (yes debug too) But the list of known fully working PSN games has grown to 17.. 4 of them are known retail dumps or copies from a JB PS3 with the proper debug package applied. There are more out there.

Quote Originally Posted by MicroNut View Post
    The is useful if your interested in dumping *PSN* games and sharing them with your friends. (Not disc based games)

Dump your game and find the -proper- unlocked debug addon or update and win. Not all debug updates or addons are unlocked. All PixelJunk eboots are locked. (yes debug too) But the list of known fully working PSN games has grown to 17.. 4 of them are known retail dumps or copies from a JB PS3 with the proper debug package applied. There are more out there.
    All Pixeljunk games run fine. Get the game PKG and the debug update and you`re fine.

Quote Originally Posted by barbnjason View Post
    Well it's handy for people like me that have a 20gb with no wifi and don't want to spend the money for a gaming access point.
    Yea that is my issue also, I have no wifi in my 20 gig, so this makes it really nice.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News