You put your right foot in,
    And you shake it all about.
    You do the Hokey-Pokey,
    And you turn yourself around.
    That's what it's all about!

And WHALLAH!!!!! It also did nothing!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    And if it won't work on slims why would you need to pull the power cord on the Phat? Wouldn't flipping the switch on the power supply accomplish the same effect? Flipping the switch was plenty good enough for the Original JB method? i fixed a YLOD model and its on 3.55 (original Spidey bundle system) i'll post back in a few hours with the results we all sort of expect.

This method sounds so bizarre. You can only get corrupted disk with this method I tested like 7-10 times and now I'm restoring backup.

this actually did work for me but it took me a couple of tries to get it right and you have to have 2 usb controllers (3rd party controller) you can't use the offical sony controller until the guide says use the wireless one.

It doesn't seem that long ago that someone posted something like this or similar. I can see the logic behind this, and where the distrust and confusion may come from, but if you think about how it could work it is a very clever.

Effectively this method is a safe way of forcing your ps3 to system crash, thus forcing the ps3 to go into a recovery mode that has since been removed on later models. So that maybe explains the release dates.

I'm a little unsure on why you would need a flash drive bigger than 4 gigs, unless it needs that space to use as a swap drive when recreating the main drive ?

A disk that will run in your PS3, BUT NO DvD's!, CD's Work best, or EARLY PS3 Games (EARLY!!!)"

I think there maybe something missing there, what I think you would need was a game pre 3.21 with an 3.21 update pup on the game disk at a size of 250 megs ish or its just so the ps3 can scan the disk for updates before looking at the usb drives bays.

When it says you need the 3.21 firmware made me wonder what is in that firmware that opens the door to this exploit thats not in other firmwares ?

The controller swop's makes sense if you look at it from a loop back point of view, and the controller spamming O properly dose some service trick thats just been found due the the controller having some shared keys or something. That would be funny if the keys ware found in our hands, well in our controllers. lol

And finally the removal of the power lead on the fats is a good way of flattening the capacitors in the ps3 when you reapply the lead because it has an earth, un like the slims. TSR's can remain in memory for as long as 5 or 10 minuets if you just switch the switch off thus creating problems with usb flash drive re enabling , and thats something you don't need if your flashing and controlling the ps3 with usb only. Yeah, I can see this working.

Just seen your post spliffer about you can't use the official sony controller ?

Then maybe it forces the ps3 to do something to the ports by being alien to it, sounds strange lol. ow and yes its friday and the weeds good. lol
    Last edited by daveshooter; 07-15-2011 at 10:04 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hmm.. more details plz. Should I have two 4Gb usb sticks, two 3rd party usb controllers and one official sony controller? I done this many times and still getting data corrupted.
    Last edited by kiy0shi; 07-16-2011 at 04:41 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

at kiyoshi that is what happend to me like I said it took me a few tries to get it correct I think it has to do with the timeing of doing some of the steps if not done correctly you get corrupt disk it done during the right time you can get it going it took me at least 6 tries to get it right but i can try again to see if its the timing or if its just luck with getting it done right.

Okay. Maybe It is luck of the irish

slifer, Did you pull power cord or just use power switch?
    Last edited by kiy0shi; 07-16-2011 at 06:44 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have tried this almost 20 times and keep getting corrupted data screens. Considering I have a bunch of games on the eternal I'm gonna give this up. being im on 3.55 Kmeaw I don't see a real reason to risk damaging data basically to downgrade to something i will end up upgrading back anyway.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News