When MOH is installed (whether playable or not- JB style install - or transferred by FTP) you can see all the files using FTP program. I transferred the pkg (in PKGDIR/PKG00) from the file folder to my usb flash drive then installed on XMB. I did the pkg permission on my HDD.
I now have Hermes 4b and I can play the game from XMB.
I seem to be stuck on the "0% Progress"-installation-thing too (using PL3 and Open Manager 2.1 G. I ran the file access patch that comes with OM (pressing R3), and my FTP tells me all it did was set File Permissions to 777 on the MOH Dir. What's it with those no unauth HEX Files etc? What's the problem and is there any real solution? To my understanding, installation can only get stuck because of a lack of permissions....
Summing up what I did:
- latest PL3
- latest Open Manager
- Edit Param.sfo (3.41 instead of 3.42)
- Set OM-Flag (>3.41 --> 3.41)
- Boot with BD from XMB (no direct / discless)
Guys, i am playing MOH for a few days without any problem, here is what i did:
- Using PL3
- Edit PARAM.SFO to 3.41 fw
- Remove the big file > 4GB on PKGDIR folder
- Put the game on external hdd
- Copy to the internal hdd using multiMAN from Dean (a great manager, the best ever)
- Mount it without patched mode
- Play it using a disc and let it install the files.
After that, quit the game and update it to 1.01. Working without patched mode, tried with other managers and it works fine too, but my favorite is the multiMAN (which is the only manager that i have installed, no need to use other).