Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

New Official PS JailBreak Backup Manager v1.1 for PS3 is Tested

The members over at the Spanish forums Elotrolado.net (linked above) state that they have been testing the new official PS JailBreak Backup Manager v1.1 for PS3 and have the following feedback thus far, to quote:

"I am currently trying the new Backup Manager v1.1 now.

I will update you on its new functionalities.

More information soon.

-Allows you to play your backups without a disc.
    -Works with current clones.
    -Current Backed up/Ripped games with version 1.0 do not work. We must re-do the ripping via version v1.1
    -Faster reading/backing up (rip).

PS: I have noticed that the game compatibility has increased significantly. At the moment they all work. Interesting..."

More PlayStation 3 News...

<Sarcasm>It looks like they finally followed through on releasing the BM v1.1, Almost A Month LATE</SARCASM>
    Last edited by shummyr; 10-11-2010 at 10:32 PM Reason: Forgot to add Sarcasm Tags Lol

I read this earlier... will the new manager even be worth re-ripping games

Ahhh wow.. re-ripping... I'm sure they'll be a solution to "convert" current games to the new backup manager. It's probably just a matter of folder locations. I'm pretty sure there's not a new way of ripping games.

Quote Originally Posted by daveribz View Post
    Ahhh wow.. re-ripping... I'm sure they'll be a solution to "convert" current games to the new backup manager. It's probably just a matter of folder locations. I'm pretty sure there's not a new way of ripping games.
    If I had to guess the new manager would be ripping 1:1 and not decrypting the eboot. This could explain increased compatability, and perhaps it decrypts on the fly now. If this were the case replacing the eboot would work. It could also be creating a LBA file which is what I hope for, since LBA checks could make or break games later on if sony enables checks.
    Last edited by FireSokar; 10-11-2010 at 10:46 PM

Exciting... 100% compat sounds great. Re-ripping not so great; hopefully there will be a way to patch the files in future.

looks like absolute crap.

didn't they promise more

i don't think "official" label worth re-ripping all my game collection.

why we need to re-rip anyway ? i don't think the game data will be different

guess stay with Open BM then

Hmm interesting. I'm thinking it will be a second manager for me. Won't be re-ripping old games mind you, but may use this in the future.

I wonder if the no disk is 100% for all games. That would be worth re-ripping.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast