Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This was tried.
    I'm using Proxomitron, and even with a proxy in the way, the PS3 DIRECTLY connects to whatever it gets (Besides the Infoboard, and PSN Store d/ls - which have yet to be hacked again.)

I have wireshark and use it on a regular basis, the only thing I've been able to get is the certificates for login and stuff for the PSN account.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ionbladez View Post
    Can't be done.
    The GPU on PS3 can only be controlled by the PS3 itself.
    the GPU runs checks against what is sending the information, as well as needs certain keys from the other parts of the ps3.

But, back to my topic, Does anyone know how I would be able to get my hands on the XML file for the PSN store?
    this would be pure gold if I could get it, edit it, then make a program for everyone to download custom pkgs. (I can do it!).
    I was talking about something like F@H used on PC GPUs not ps3 gpu.

Could you explain that custom pkg bit? The pkg files are what sony uses to distribute games but wouldnt the custom ones still have to be signed?

Would it be possible to find a way to activate games downloaded through proxy (psn files section) without having the game purchased on psn.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is beautiful, but I want to know where the PS3 downloads this file from.

See I understand fully that it cannot be traced even through a proxy, since the PSN Store (tries to) download this file on boot, meaning if it cannot get a connection, or download the file, it will use the previous version stored in flash.

It bypasses any proxy method and directly downloads the xml (obviously, since I can't get my hands on it, I'd redirect it!).
    IF I was able to find out, like I said, I could make a fake one, upload somewhere, and make a program for everyone to modify/redirect to custom pkgs.
    Well, that specific file, as I said in the post, is located here:

/dev_flash/vsh/resource/explore/xmb/category_psn.xml

Now, perhaps on a newer console, the file may be located on the HDD, since the flash is only 16MB - not big enough for all this "extra" data!

That's exactly what I'm talking about. My theory is that the PS3 DIRECTLY downloads the PSN Store xml file, which contains the PKG locations. If we can get that XML, we can direct whatever the hell we want.

Not only that, but also in theory, the XML contains keys to the pkg names.
    Since the PKG names are encrypted, the key has to be in the XML, since it would be impossible for sony to put all the names and keys of every pkg inside the ps3.

hey, i am reading about what you are trying to do. i don't know much about this stuff but if you want someone to test a future beta hack or something tell me because i don't really use my ps3 so i'll be happy to help.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. My theory is that the PS3 DIRECTLY downloads the PSN Store xml file, which contains the PKG locations. If we can get that XML, we can direct whatever the hell we want.

Not only that, but also in theory, the XML contains keys to the pkg names.
    Since the PKG names are encrypted, the key has to be in the XML, since it would be impossible for sony to put all the names and keys of every pkg inside the ps3.
    What if the PS3 stores all the encryption keys in it. And only compares the hash online of it doesn't matches that of the pkg. So that er isn't an xml "download" at boot, but only a check... ?

I thought of that, actually it's all local-based.
    The PS3 does all the calculations on download, I noticed no other packets was downloaded when I go to download a pkg from the PSN Store.

So, that means that the xml file is always local, on a flash or hard drive. Then wich flash is it using? if we now that, we can manually download the flash (infectus - custom code) and dissamble / decrypt it, do we can get the keys.

But then again, their is almost no chance of extracting the flash without screwing it up or even finding where its stored it!

The XML

The XML is more likely to be a file within the PKG itself or again is on the PS3 Server behind the SSL Encryption, otherwise we could read it straight off the Flash it was on flash on earlier versions i and i don't recall many XML Files being found on the Flash, depsite that posted on the forum.

Then this "extra packet data" with PKG download could be the XML, but its likely to be coded into the cell, as you sometimes forget that game save PKG'S are not downloaded and so must contain the decryption within the HDD/Cell. Again it probably comes back to the good old topic of decrypting the PS3 HDD Encryption and i think many doors will be opened by the locksmith!

Footylad

How about we just pay some sony employee a lot of money and he will tell us how to bypass everything
    everyone donations in!

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News