Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ^^^^

Happens to me alot,.. it's just a hard reset, nothing to worry about.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    could it be possible that the put a sort of password or key into each previous update that identifies the next update? Just include that somewhere in the update when it is made etc..

Sponsored Links

In theory..

Sponsored Links
    I've actually questioned this myself.
    I'm thinking it's on a TIME/DATE basis.
    Like they'd sign each update with the time/date created, then re-sign it with something else.

Either that or the other way around.

If you extract a PUP using PUP Extractor it has the date/time of creation of the pub and puts it on all file content i think it finds it from the HEX in the header of the PUP. Might be the wrong dates but it churns out dates and times which are normally Midnight and they are different dates for each pup. Just to look into but me personally thinks its likley to be something more like the encryption associated with PKG's...what ja ma call it....

Footylad

sounds like it could work...

sounds like it could work...
    The BIG problem of ofw is that it is SIGNED !! and we don't know how re-sign it nor what is need to sign it

If a modified fw will be signed I think that the ps3 will 100% install it without problems ...

But remember : when you are installing a fw , you are writing on NAND ... so pay attention or you may brick you ps3 ...

P.S.: At the moment , I think , that the only way to brick a ps3 is writing bad files on the nands ....

I really hope that you find a way to downgrade

A little thinking

Well, not much thinking at all.
    Obviously, we haven't thought that maybe $ony is using a proprietary encryption algorithm to sign their firmwares.

This is just a a guess though, but I know right now from an inside source that it is signed with the Firmware Version, and Creation Date, along with the COUNTRY and something else that was there. I don't know.

No one told me this, but I mean INSIDE SOURCE I mean the PS3 SSL connection monitor program I made.

Yes, I've managed to make something that can log all the requests from the PS3 HTTPS shit.

I've been working on it for a week, it's still not done yet.
    But For the past month I've also been working on a way to GET THE PS3 PROXY METHOD TO WORK AGAIN!

It's frustrating, but I'm not giving up.
    *.dl.playstation.net does not contain these files, instead each PS3 Demo/Game/Theme/etc,. is stored on an akadns server
    I somehow managed to sniff that out from the ssl.

it's something like this::

https://http2337.storage.akadns.com/.filesomething75,45^234353465/crap/something.pkg.

I know it's under https, because http won't let anything connect. I've tried to get the PSN Store to load under firefox, also faking the Firefox useragent, etc.
    That also works under HTTPS.

I now understand that the ps3 does in fact, not check the size of the file for the dl.playstation.net addresses. instead, checks some stupid server in the region, (cough: US=CHICAGO)
    Somewhere....
    I can say that much so far, but I know if I had a program to fake a WEBSITE ADDRESS IN A LOCAL NETWORK (which I cannot seem to find anymore), I'd be set and could release instructions on this.

But sadly I can only get Proxomitron to echo all file requests.
    The only things I can "hack" with that is the Firmware check update shit, and also my Infoboard.
    Downloading the files from the akadns server itself requires authentication.
    OR, The request FROM dl.playstation.net..
    I'm still working HARD on this, I know it can be done.
    My PS3 Firmware is still 2.60, and I know there is a way.

Anyways I'll try to keep everyone posted.

Speaking of an address emulator, I do remember seeing such a program a long time ago.
    It lets you fake an internet address inside a local network.
    Something like a re-direct, but not really.

Does anyone have this program? I forgot the name totally.
    Last edited by ionbladez; 05-23-2009 at 11:20 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Smile Some data?

I've found out that the Packages from the PSN Store, ARE IN FACT, named with an encryption algorithm, it may be a standard one, or maybe belong to $ony.

That's probably how this "proxy method" was fixed;
    I cannot catch any data from the PSN Store as it is sent to the ps3.
    But I can tell you that the package NAMES and directories are all set up to match each other.

Also, I've managed to redirect "Life with Playstation", to the old "Folding@Home" package.

So now I have a Folding@Home icon, where my LWP should be.
    It is installed, and displays, but for some reason logs me out then checks for an update..

I tried redirecting and sniffing the data from the server.
    I got some URL info so I'll post what I found.

Packages of my interest:

[Register or Login to view code]

The "Life With Playstation" Update package:

A Demo package I "borrowed" from the PSN.PS3NEWS.COM Area, REDIRECTED, as I said in the last post:

-------------------------
    Now for some PACKET DATA

This one is a rather larger than normal packet, hard to believe it's just a cert:

If it DOES contain my login data, please don't steal it. I've already changed my password as of this post..

And some DNS Redirect info, etc:

I hope this can come of use to someone that has the tools.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ionbladez View Post
    Speaking of an address emulator, I do remember seeing such a program a long time ago.
    It lets you fake an internet address inside a local network.
    Something like a re-direct, but not really.

Does anyone have this program? I forgot the name totally.
    Did you mean SimpleDNS ([Register or Login to view links]) or PowerDNS ([Register or Login to view links] I know both of those have been used here before with PS Proxy stuff...

Great work - But again its a case of comparing pre compilled data (encrypted) to decrypted data and seeing how in which they are encrypted. Once we get PKG Algorithm Reversed we can install Custom PKG'S which is a HUGE step in the right direction.

Problem with the proxy ideas is that we are finding the origin of certain files which is great, but the Sony Store has SSL Encryption which cannot be replicated easily and so we will be unable to create a spoof Sony Store and the PKGS would still be encrypted so unencrypted PKGS will still be unable to be loaded via the PS3...

Footylad

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News