Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Need two files from Spansion A1 and A2 rev.

Sponsored Links
    Guys,

I cannot find anywhere Dump of Spansion Flash on BD from Revision A1 and A2. Please if somebody does have it let me to know. I need it.

Thank you.

B.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The drives are paired to the motherboard. There is no "A" or "B" version of the firmware - It differs per drive.

Cheers,

Allan.

Sponsored Links

Drives

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibblah View Post
    The drives are paired to the motherboard. There is no "A" or "B" version of the firmware - It differs per drive.

Cheers,

Allan.
    Actually, there are 4 variations of BD drives used (as of the date I posted this) in the various builds of PS3. Each of those versions has its own firmware.

Of the 4, the first has never seen the light of day outside of SCEI R&D, the others three report themselves as "PS-SYSTEM 302R" through "PS-SYSTEM 304R".

RPS.

Moving ahead

Does anybody idea where are keys stored on which address in memory? I need pair one system, but it is 190.00CAD for do that in Sony. I have all tools, I need just address and if it is possible.

Is it in BIOS or In Flash on MoBo? Spansion I can read, and program, but it will be great if I know some address and if it is possible, because if it in BIOS chip, probably w/o dongle not a chance.

Hi,

I've made 3 dumps of the MX25L1005 Flash spi of 3 different boards (numbers in top right corner : 1 - 3 - 4). I've not been able at the moment to find a way to change the key but I'm pretty sure it's stored in this memory. I'm working in an electronic company and we don't write serials number in flash memories but in EEPROM or NVRAM. That way, you don't mess up the firmware. Plus, you would have to make a different flash file for each BD Drive, which is not reliable. Also, it won't let you update the firmware in the main flash memory otherwise you would overwrite the key.

Maybe I'm wrong but that the way we are doing for our firmware and that's the way lot of systems are working (like first Xbox was storing it's key in a EEPROM).

Regards, Jerome

Quote Originally Posted by VirusCrazy View Post
    Hi,

I've made 3 dumps of the MX25L1005 Flash spi of 3 different boards (numbers in top right corner : 1 - 3 - 4). I've not been able at the moment to find a way to change the key but I'm pretty sure it's stored in this memory. I'm working in an electronic company and we don't write serials number in flash memories but in EEPROM or NVRAM. That way, you don't mess up the firmware. Plus, you would have to make a different flash file for each BD Drive, which is not reliable. Also, it won't let you update the firmware in the main flash memory otherwise you would overwrite the key.

Maybe I'm wrong but that the way we are doing for our firmware and that's the way lot of systems are working (like first Xbox was storing it's key in a EEPROM).

Regards, Jerome
    The SPI flash holds only primarily AACS MKB info (HRL/DRL) and has a tag marker for the drive ID string (which is printed on the back of the drive).

As to how that number is used to pair to the console is not public information.

RPS.

But Key is not in EEPROM

Key is in the Flash because when I swap drive and swap only Flash (Spansion) it is working, so EEPROM doesn't have anything with it.

Ceburaska:

If I understand you correctly: You swapped the flash from the original drive into a new drive (of the same type and revision) into a console, right?

Please confirm the following:

1/. Both drives were of the same type (BMD-001)?

2/. They were also of the same drive board revision?

3/. You did not change the SPI (MX) flash?

4/. Did you actually try to play a game and BD movie after the swap?

5/. Were you able to successfully perform a full console FW upgrade after this swap?

Thanks,

RPS.

Yes

I ordered Controller board from online store in Canada it was version A4. My board was A1 version. I already posted that in developing section,. I swap only Spansion chip from A1 to A4 (I got from store). And everything was working. On original A1 board was bad (probably main chip).

After that I upgraded firmware with No problems, I play the movies no problems, and play games no problem. Now I'm playing with keys because I got PS3 with different (not keyed) controller board. So I fix the PS3 is working but BD want work together with MoBo. I played with that too. So now I'm trying analyze Flash Spansion etc... but if somebody can tell me where the keys are stored, it will be great.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News