Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

n4ru Flash Loader for PS3 - Successor to JaicraB's Loader Arrives

Sponsored Links
    Here's a small app called n4ru Flash Loader, a successor to JaicraB's Loader, I made in a few minutes. It's completely untested as I have no access to a PS3 until Monday and thus may not work at all, so feedback would be appreciated.

Download: n4ru Flash Loader SRC / n4ru Flash Loader PKG File

It uses the SynaPS3 library, even though it only uses 1 function from the library. No harm in self-advertisement for my (baby-stage) library?

Jaicrab's Loader was made when we still had to use peek/poke to remount directories. We now have syscall8 (hermes) and syscall35 (PL3) for remounting directories. This makes things much easier.

This loader is universal and works with both Hermes and PL3. Create a folder called "cfw" on the root of your device and place the "dev_flash" folder inside it. Then create another folder called "cfw" INSIDE your "dev_flash" folder.

It supports CFW on your harddrive, so once you have a "finalized" build of your CFW, just throw it on hdd0 and run the app on start!

Along with mounting your dev_flash, this app will also dismount your cfw the next time you run it.*

It checks for the "cfw" folder on the following devices (in this order, meaning bottom devices take priority):

hdd0
    ms
    usb00x (1 through 7)

Source is of course included, and so is a compiled .pkg

*If any part of the app is broken it's probably this.

n4ru Flash Loader for PS3 - Successor to JaicraB's Loader Arrives

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

2iwabzs.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I guess it sounds better than jaicrabs but lol:
    Create a folder called "cfw" on the root of your device and place the "dev_flash" folder inside it. Then create another folder called "cfw" INSIDE your "dev_flash" folder.
    Make it a bit less confusing.

And the emulation of the other flashes would be awesome

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the release n4ru, I have moved it to the main page now and +Rep!

I wont't use it now, but it's cool that there are more than one Firmware Loader available now. Thanks for that.

How do I compile it? I get an error.

(sdk.target.mk and sdk.makedef.mk no such file error)

I don't get it. Why People WITHOUT a PS3 start developing apps for it??

I will never use such apps. Apps and Homebrew has to be tested before make it public.

What if your app bricks someone console?

Well, in my opinion there's no need to own a PS3 to create PS3 hacks...

No seriously, I also can't understand why someone would publish software without even running it once. Unless maybe it's VERY simple. But a small test should still be performed...

Who has the balls to test this nice app? I don't have!

Looking at the source code - I think it wouldn't work.

I added /dev_flash mounting in multiMAN few weeks ago, and such approach (as seen in the source) simply will mess things up.

You have to take care of /dev_flash2 and /dev_flash3, because the simple "path re-map" of /dev_flash breaks the links to the second and third flashes and then you'll get the "factory setting" screen like when you first bought the PS3.

The implementation in multiMAN if option is enabled is:

1) Create user flash folder
    2) Copy PS3's dev_flash to the new folder
    3) Map /dev_flash2 and /dev_flash3 to temp names
    4) Map /dev_flash to the new user path
    5) Restore dev_flash2 and 3
    6) Done

Dean
    Last edited by deank; 12-08-2010 at 06:39 AM

Quote Originally Posted by phr0z30n View Post
    Well, in my opinion there's no need to own a PS3 to create PS3 hacks...

No seriously, I also can't understand why someone would publish software without even running it once. Unless maybe it's VERY simple. But a small test should still be performed...
    It IS very simple. There's no reason that at least the mounting part shouldn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by modmate View Post
    I don't get it. Why People WITHOUT a PS3 start developing apps for it??

I will never use such apps. Apps and Homebrew has to be tested before make it public.

What if your app bricks someone console?
    LOL at the suggestion that my app could brick a console. Try not to make stuff up when posting, especially when you don't know what you're talking about.

I have a PS3, I've even posted a small library for it already and a few other apps. I simply don't have access to mine until Monday. Don't make baseless assumptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    I guess it sounds better than jaicrabs but lol:

Make it a bit less confusing.

And the emulation of the other flashes would be awesome
    After I get confirmation that at least the mounting works I'll release an update that mounts dev_flash 2 && 3 right away, it would be extremely simple to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by deanrr View Post
    Looking at the source code - I think it wouldn't work.

I added /dev_flash mounting in multiMAN few weeks ago, and such approach (as seen in the source) simply will mess things up.

You have to take care of /dev_flash2 and /dev_flash3, because the simple "path re-map" of /dev_flash breaks the links to the second and third flashes and then you'll get the "factory setting" screen like when you first bought the PS3.

The implementation in multiMAN if option is enabled is:

1) Create user flash folder
    2) Copy PS3's dev_flash to the new folder
    3) Map /dev_flash2 and /dev_flash3 to temp names
    4) Map /dev_flash to the new user path
    5) Restore dev_flash2 and 3
    6) Done
    I'm not sure why it's not working for you, but I know that with at least syscall35 there is no problem in mapping dev_flash, I've tested simply mounting usb003\cfw\dev_flash to dev_flash and it worked perfectly. Are you referring to using syscall8 to mount dev_Flash?

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News