Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb My "efforts combined" theory

Sponsored Links
    I have an idea, I know it may sound wacky (maybe it is) but here it goes.

I remember someone said that stumbling upon the PS3 Encryption/Decryption key would take 126962397608548 years (or something like that) using current computing power.

Well, there are pretty fast processors out there. HOWEVER. With our powers combined... <insert Captain Planet flashback here> maybe we could.

Imagine an application which would try to brute force the PS3 HDD, or a small portion of it (like an image, a clone).

Imagine a group of people with fast computers and that "hacking" app running on each computer between set parameters.

For example:
    Computer #1: tries to find the key between 0 - 10.000
    Computer #2: tries to find the key between 10.000 - 100.000
    Computer #3: tries to find the key between A - 10T%7;..BB
    Computer #4: tries to find the key between 10T%7;..BB - 60)#GBca
    Computer #5: tries to find the key between 60)#GBca - {ةx__

...and so on.

The idea is that all computers could run the hacking process SIMULTANEOUSLY.

Needle in the hay stack, right ? I know. But imagine 10% of the world's computers running it, perhaps in the background. Then maybe it won't take so long (a few months, maybe a year or so). The computers don't even have to be very fast ! They would make it up in numbers. Numbers, baby !

I'm sure a lot of people would be delighted to make use of their CPU cycles for the greater good. I even know someone with a dual core processor and the 2nd core is pretty much always lazying around, wasting electricity.

Right now it's just a theory but it seems like a very plausible theory to me. Thoughts ?
    Last edited by DSpider; 11-06-2009 at 11:50 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    We need someone not too busy with the important stuff to do this. The devs don't care for it right now.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i'm a big supporter of this idea but we need a coder to do so, btw we can get the key at the first try its just a matter of "randomness".

It seems every few weeks this crops up.. no clue why though. All I can do is -Rep those who reply each time it does and close the threads.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News