Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb Multiply / Dual PS3 Payloads in one Dev board or key?

Sponsored Links
    I was toying for a while with following idea - what about creating a Dual or Multiply Hex / Payloads for our Dev boards or some of the (freely) programmable keys?

What it would DO? Well - it will have option to load from one key / board two (or more if possible) payloads.

Why? To allow either use the same key / board on different PS3s with various FWs - let's say in my case on both 3.41 as well as 3.15 - without constant reloading / reprogramming of the different hex files to the board or having two boards or having alternative payloads for the same FW - maybe one without and one with peek & poke etc. etc. - possibilities are basically endless.

How? The easiest way would be to use the built in (on most of the board) HW or RST buttons or combinations of thereoff or add switch or jumper etc. No button pushed / switch flipped (BlackcatUSB anyone) or jumper shorted = default boot / payload - let's say 3.41. Button pushed etc. = alternative payload for example 3.15.

Is it possible? IMO it is - at least with the boards / chips with larger flash memory.

The "ultimate" solution would be indeed to have payload capable of automatic recogniton of current FW on your PS3 and loading relevant patch accordingly and combined with the push buttom selection of alternative paylod it would be really great "all-in-one" tool.

And even with prices of various JB clones dropping constantly I'd prefer such solution to logging arrouns a keychain full of dongles with various version of payloads

What do you all think?
    Last edited by GrandpaHomer; 10-19-2010 at 07:16 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think you already mentioned why it is "not" possible, nearly all board around have a too small memory, therefore it would be only useful for psfreedom devices (mobile phones, mp3 player...) with nearly unlimited memory, however I don't think it is worth the hassle, selecting the right payload is a thing of 1 second and everybody should be able to to do it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by tillman View Post
    I think you already mentioned why it is "not" possible, nearly all board around have a too small memory
    Not really - current payloads are quite small and there is plenty of boards which would take easilly multiply sets.

Quote Originally Posted by tillman View Post
    however I don't think it is worth the hassle, selecting the right payload is a thing of 1 second and everybody should be able to to do it.
    I bellieve you're missing the point here - it's NOT about "selecting" the right payload but have two (or more) readilly available in your board / key literaly at the push of the button rather than fiddle all the time with the PC, programming of the key and so on

Quite a few people have a 32k chip, so that's double the "standard" size. The actual code changes are pretty simple and you can probably get about 4 different firmware versions in the memory on a 32kb atmega as each version needs about 5kb extra.

But personally, I see no need for this. It only takes about 5 seconds to plug the dongle into a PC and reprogram it. It's probably more pain to remember to flick switches to the appropriate version on boot.
    Last edited by tragedy; 10-19-2010 at 08:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by tragedy View Post
    But personally, I see no need for this. It only takes about 5 seconds to plug the dongle into a PC and reprogram it. It's probably more pain to remember to flick switches to the appropriate version on boot.
    Well - not everyone has PC running 24 / 7 at home or have such simple way to program the board and frankly I seriously doubt you'll manage to do it in 5 seconds

To get into DFU mode you need either to push about 4 times 2 buttons or re-insert the dongle several times into USB port and those having this type of JB device can confrim to you it's major PITA Still seems much easier to me simply push and hold one button directly while booting PS3 to get an alternative payload.

well i got 2 ps3 one with 3.41 and the other with 3.15 for linux this is watt i need as it a pain in the ass switching hex for my atavrxplain board so i can compile and stuff

I actually have 5 different payloads on my iPod Video 5g 30GB, I just select which one I want from the iPL when Jailbreaking my PS3

Lightbulb

TI-84 also supports multiple payloads.

Well no one is agreeing with you man lol. I for one do though because it would be great for ppl with more than one ps3 or if they simply just want more than one payload. I think that nobody is really understanding what your getting at but i do.

I think by saying that I already have 5 payloads would be agreeing, that's how I would take it anyhow.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News