Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Probably I'm the last one he'll share with.

Sponsored Links

Accidentally deleted category_game_tool2.xml, jailbreak mode bricked?!

Sponsored Links
    I was trying to use the PS2 backup feature in the new Multiman but in order to do that I needed to replace the category_game_tool2.xml with a modified one. I used mount Alejandro to enable write and gained access to dev_alejandro folder then as I tried to replace category_game_tool2.xml in dev_alejandro/vsh/resource/explore/xmb, my fxp client crashed on me.

When I exited to xmb, I found out that my game column is completely empty so I'm unable to launch anything in jb mode. Luckily the column reappeared in non-jb mode. However, does this mean my jailbreak mode is now bricked since I can't launch anything from the game column? Help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by McNuggets View Post
    I was trying to use the PS2 backup feature in the new Multiman but in order to do that I needed to replace the category_game_tool2.xml with a modified one. I used mount Alejandro to enable write and gained access to dev_alejandro folder then as I tried to replace category_game_tool2.xml in dev_alejandro/vsh/resource/explore/xmb, my fxp client crashed on me.

When I exited to xmb, I found out that my game column is completely empty so I'm unable to launch anything in jb mode. Luckily the column reappeared in non-jb mode. However, does this mean my jailbreak mode is now bricked since I can't launch anything from the game column? Help appreciated.
    reset PS3 into Recovery Mode, then choose Update, make sure you have a copy of your current FW updat.pup on USB:/PS3/UPDATE that should restore everything to normal

Quote Originally Posted by bitsbubba View Post
    reset PS3 into Recovery Mode, then choose Update, make sure you have a copy of your current FW updat.pup on USB:/PS3/UPDATE that should restore everything to normal
    Am I doing a downgrade from 3.41 to a modified 3.41, please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by McNuggets View Post
    Am I doing a downgrade from 3.41 to a modified 3.41, please elaborate.
    There is no need for Factory/Service Mode you just need to Update from Recovery Mode, chance of losing BD playback in F/S Mode.
    Last edited by bitsbubba; 01-01-2011 at 07:19 AM

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl.

It updated to 70% and then it returned this message, "No applicable update data was found. Connect storage media that contains update data of verison 3.41 or later, and then press the START and SELECT buttons at the same time." I already made sure the update file is in the right directories.

you're not using the mod pup are you?

Thumbs Up

I also tried restore file system in recovery mode but it doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by bitsbubba View Post
    you're not using the mod pup are you?
    I tried the original which didn't work and then I tried the modified and it also doesn't work.

Apparently there was 2 versions of 3.41 and I used the wrong one. It works smoothly now and I fixed it. Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News