Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Smile

Sponsored Links
    Hi Dean, thank you for your hard work and efforts, i know you from some time ago when you released the amazing multiAVCHD.

I think our best bet would be to analyze how a game like final fantasy XI, that installs to the Ps3 hdd, boots natively (without a disc inserted), and since we now have access to the hdd filesystem try to change an elf file so it boots an app like the open Ps2 loader, this loader boots isos from network, usb, etc..

If we achieve this it could maybe boot ps2 backups, even when not on JB mode.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No you still will need the jb and this will not change for the next weeks and maybe for ever.

Some of you guys mixed up something.The goal isnt to hardcode a bm that knows the disk structure of a ps1/ps2 game.The goal is to get the thing running with the embended ps1/ps2 EMUs.

The drive know how a ps1/ps2 disk have to look like and if it recognize such a game disk and you boot it the ps3 will use the embended emus.

You see the maingoal and universal question will be:
    How to get a PS1/PS2 game recognized from the drive IN JB mode or on a console they do not support backwards compatibility.

If we find a way to get such a game disk recognized we would be easely able to use a syscall to swap the files with the one from a backup.

Pretty the same like now we use for ps3 backups.
    Last edited by cfwprophet; 11-02-2010 at 06:16 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    cfwprophet okay your right. my idea if it possible to modified the CFW loader to log all disk insert and boot up? then we have a way to see what the gameos make with the disk and the psemu.

For that we would need full debug options enabled to be bale to debug apps or the system menu itself.

The cfw loader will rederict all files from internal dev_flash to a external device.Means yes but no.It would be possible but we cant do in case we cant modify retail sprx´s or self files.

(hope that's right)

Quote Originally Posted by speedxl View Post
    Hi Dean, thank you for your hard work and efforts, i know you from some time ago when you released the amazing multiAVCHD.

I think our best bet would be to analyze how a game like final fantasy XI, that installs to the Ps3 hdd, boots natively (without a disc inserted), and since we now have access to the hdd filesystem try to change an elf file so it boots an app like the open Ps2 loader, this loader boots isos from network, usb, etc..

If we achieve this it could maybe boot ps2 backups, even when not on JB mode.

Thanks again.
    Interesting thought, something like that will be necessary for PS2 as JB won't work after the PS3 boots into the PS2 HW. PS1 should be the first target though, as these still run under the exploit.

FFXI creates a partition, can we see partitions in JB mode?

So after I studied lv2 dump is what put me on some notice. what will help us possibly understand how it works disk with the PS1/PS2.

i have found in the LV2 on adress 002d600h - 002d68a0h

[Register or Login to view code]

so i think its redirect alle non PS3 disc over the BDemu

else i have found this here:

adress 00586aa0h - 00586ab0h

mabe set onff the PS2 emu?

next i found this

adress 002c17b0h - 002c1950h

this is the point i think it will be all non PS3 Disk redirect over the BDemu and replace the mountpoint for the disc.

i hope it all right on this point.

i have try most redirection of mount points to load PS1 games my Fat one cant play at moment Ps2 its a 80GB pal so i can only try with the PS1 mode.

i have test it with /cdrom /cdrom0 /host_root /dev_ps1disc /dev_ps2disc /dev_ps2disk1 put nothink all time the same issuse its still load the game i have in the drive but not the one i still tray to mount in the drive.

sorry i know i have a very bad english

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Salat View Post
    Interesting thought, something like that will be necessary for PS2 as JB won't work after the PS3 boots into the PS2 HW. PS1 should be the first target though, as these still run under the exploit.

FFXI creates a partition, can we see partitions in JB mode?
    I have FFXI Installed on my BC JB PS3 and I noticed after it ask to make a 12 GB partition on the PS3 internal hd a folder with FFXI game ID appears in dev_HDD0/game and in that folder is a param.sfo file and a USRDIR folder with a 12GB file in it called IMAGE.DAT.

Is it possible that this .DAT file is structured just like the ps2 hard drive partition. We could try replacing this IMAGE.DAT file with a .iso image of a ps2 game backup in ps2 drive partition format and change the param.sfo with the ID of the game in .iso format.

Quote Originally Posted by TechGeek990 View Post
    I have FFXI Installed on my BC JB PS3 and I noticed after it ask to make a 12 GB partition on the PS3 internal hd a folder with FFXI game ID appears in dev_HDD0/game and in that folder is a param.sfo file and a USRDIR folder with a 12GB file in it called IMAGE.DAT.

Is it possible that this .DAT file is structured just like the ps2 hard drive partition. We could try replacing this IMAGE.DAT file with a .iso image of a ps2 game backup in ps2 drive partition format and change the param.sfo with the ID of the game in .iso format.
    Interesting, how do you launch the game from PS3? Does it require the disc?

[Register or Login to view links]

You can install these PlayStationŽ2 format software titles on your PS3™ system's hard disk:

* [Nobunaga's Ambition Online] and [Expansion Packs] *1
    * [FINAL FANTASY XI] and [Expansion Discs]
    * [SOCOM II: U.S. NAVY SEALs] and [Related discs included with OPM*2 Issue 87, OPM*2 Issue 88, OPM*2 Issue 89, OPM*2 Issue 90]
    * SOCOM 3: U.S. NAVY SEALs *3
    * SOCOM: U.S. NAVY SEALs Combined Assault *3

You can only install this game on PS3™ systems purchased in Japan.
    Official PlayStation Magazine
    You can only install these games on PS3™ systems purchased in North America.

Preparing to install

To use this feature, you must first install [PS2 System Data] on the hard disk. You can download [PS2 System Data] from (PlayStationŽStore).

Select (PlayStationŽStore) under (PlayStationŽNetwork).
    To use (PlayStationŽStore), you must create a PlayStationŽNetwork account.

Download [PS2 System Data] from (PlayStationŽStore).
    Follow the on-screen instructions to download. When the download completes, [PS2 System Data] will automatically be installed. [PS2 System Data] is saved in (Game Data Utility) under (Game).

Close (PlayStationŽStore).

Installing PlayStationŽ2 format software

When you start a PlayStationŽ2 format software title that can be installed on the PS3™ system's hard disk, the following screen is displayed.

First, create a game partition on the PS3™ system's hard disk, and then install the PlayStationŽ2 format software there. Follow the on-screen instructions to create the game partition and install the software.
    As this is all done under gameos, whilst the exploit still works it should be possible to mount a backup of an installable game (SOCOM for example) and install this to the HDD instead of from the inserted disc. It probably requires the original inserted disc to also be an installable game like FFXI, but maybe not. It will also require the "PS2 System Data" to be installed.

Suggestion to someone with an installable PS2 game;

Insert original installable PS2 game
    Mount backup of a different installable PS2 game
    Launch PS2 Format Disc icon in XMB
    Last edited by Jon Salat; 11-03-2010 at 04:07 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by TechGeek990 View Post

Compress and upload We non-FFXI owners can analyze and tweek it for you to test.

Can anybody else upload it? It would take forever to upload a 12GB file on my 1Mbps upload speed connection

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News