Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well hopefully we can get ps2 isos to load soon, I still have a spindle full of backed up ps2 games

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    somehow we need the ps3 to go into ps2 mode without clearing the exploit from memory because when you start up a ps2 game the ps3 does a software reset as far as I can tell and starts up ps2 emulation. So we need ps2 emulation to run without resetting the ps3 software. so someone needs to make a homebrew program which starts ps2 emulation on top of the GameOs instead of reseting the GameOs.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I can't access the back up manager in firmware mode, and ps2 disc shows up as unsupported data ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Salat View Post
    Singstar PS3 has an option to swap disc with the PS2 versions and import songs, this works with slims too as it just reads the data from it. I'm not sure what the rules are on posting links so I'll just quote this development: fabzilla - Got PS2 Singstar songs working on USB

Needed:
    Original Singstar PS3 Game,
    Original PS2 Game (any should work),
    Psgroove compatible Stick, newest psgroove of Evilsperm

Now I did the following:
    - Downloaded Gaia Manager Source
    - Edited main.c and replaced "/dev_bdvd" with "/dev_ps2disc" in lines no. 620,953 and 1285
    - Compiled Gaia Manager
    - Copied a PS2 Singstar backup to my external Harddrive in /GAMEZ/%name-of-game%
    - Started Gaia Manager and selected this Backup
    - Put PS3 Original Game in drive
    - Started the PS3 Original Game
    - Switched Disk in Game with PS2 Original (Select)
    - Instead of the PS2 Original in the Drive the backup gets loaded
    This should work with multiMAN, too, because it uses syscall35 to mount dev_ps2disc and dev_ps2disc1 to the HDD folder of the PS2 game.

I wonder if it is possible to use a HDD backup copy of Singstar PS3

And to all: you need a payload with peek/poke support for JaiC USB FirmLoader and syscall35 for /dev_ps2disc* mounting.

Quote Originally Posted by TechGeek990 View Post
    somehow we need the ps3 to go into ps2 mode without clearing the exploit from memory because when you start up a ps2 game the ps3 does a software reset as far as I can tell and starts up ps2 emulation. So we need ps2 emulation to run without resetting the ps3 software. so someone needs to make a homebrew program which starts ps2 emulation on top of the GameOs instead of reseting the GameOs.
    this is what happens every time I use nXMB.

So it doesn't work? =[

Deanrr, i just tested it myself and it just launch the original disc on the drive, so this method is not working for the time being.
    Last edited by renanbianchi; 11-01-2010 at 11:36 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

But we would need a original Singstar Game for the ps2.

And the xml hack would be usless.It would only be needed to use a mc but not to be able to boot ps2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by cfwprophet View Post
    But we would need a original Singstar Game for the ps2.
    Just an original PS2 game, doesn't need to be Singstar. Does require original PS3 Singstar though.

Quote Originally Posted by deanrr View Post
    And to all: you need a payload with peek/poke support for JaiC USB FirmLoader and syscall35 for /dev_ps2disc* mounting.
    Which payload do you recommend?
    Last edited by Jon Salat; 11-01-2010 at 01:24 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ok mixed up something. But anyway you will need a original PS3 Singstar and a original PS2 game.Even if it works and we are able to boot ps2 games it wouldn't be a acceptable task for me.

I would try something other to get it more user friendly done.

Its there... just a few steps ahead... you will see

i think there must be more changes be done to load PS2/PSone games from the Backup manager, the structure of the files are others PS3 have EBOOT.BIN and PS3_DISC.SFO and PARAM.SFO

PS1/PS2 have SYSTEM.CNF and SLUS/SLES files to boot so you have to change many more then the dev_bdvd to dev_ps2disc and PS1 games will not use dev_ps2_disc i think

i have tray using dev_cdrom but i know its wronk for load PS1 game so i hope some one find out how we have to change to load them.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News