Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Smile Mount Alejandro: PS3 Homebrew - Write to Dev Flash

Sponsored Links
    PS3 Developers JaiCraB & ps3mrenigma have brought another way to enable writing to the PS3's /dev_flash partition by mirroring it to /dev_Alejandro.

This follows in line with nr4u's Flash Loader, which itself was a successor of JaicraB's USB Custom Firmware Loader v0.3 - but in a more compact, stripped down version.

Download: Mount Alejandro

To quote (via Spanish to English translation):
    FLASH Write Enable:
    ------------------------

This application allows the mounting of the unit / dev_Alejandro. This unit is a mirror of the unit / dev_flash, with this active alike.

Unit / dev_flash no writeable useful to read as the old way, but the new SI is writable.

This is why we are not responsible for any misuse that may be made this application, the method used, etc. As end users ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE WILL you do ON YOUR MACHINE!

Taken into account before trying to manipulate the firmware, XML files, etc.

Happy Xmax!

JaiCraB & ps3mrenigma

P.S Why the name of Alexander? Who knows, maybe it has something to do with any of us ...

Mount Alejandro: PS3 Homebrew - Write to Dev Flash

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Here is the translated .txt file

Spanish to English translation
    FLASH Write Enable:
    ------------------------

This application allows the mounting of the unit / dev_Alejandro. This unit is a mirror of the unit / dev_flash, with this active alike.

Unit / dev_flash no writeable useful to read as the old way, but the new SI is writable.

This is why we are not responsible for any misuse that may be made this application, the method used, etc. As end users ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE WILL you do ON YOUR MACHINE!

Taken into account before trying to manipulate the firmware, XML files, etc.

Happy Xmax!

JaiCraB & ps3mrenigma

P.S Why the name of Alexander? Who knows, maybe it has something to do with any of us ...
    I wonder if somebody was to brick there PS3 if service mode would still be functionable?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is good news indeed! I hope this will lead to a permanent jailbreak.

Sounds great. But i don't know if we should go this step. As long ACID is not to 100% a full puplic release (means no WIP) i won't release and teach to write the files to con.

I for myself will be glade if we can use a payload for that stuff. On that way we also can write files to hdd and redirect them via payload to direct boot into cfw without the risc that some one will ever brick his console.

But if someone is willing to test and report it would be great. The team is full with other work like customize the xmb, add apps to ACID that will be fixed into cfw, OtherOS and a few secred things.

But plz every one who will test be sure to be able to unbrick your console !!

i'm not brave enough to test this, but i'm sure there is someone out there with 2-3 ps3's that wouldn't mind testing this.

Per the Site rules here is the attached file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is a risky app to release, Be warned. Do not mod your own dev_flash Unless you are 100% certain you know what you are doing. It does work.

thanks for the conformation, can i ask what you modified?

I've gotten Install package Files and /app_home/PS3_GAME/ on retail no jailbreak. Install package files DOES work, but only on
    retail pkg's.

you probably can't brick the console as you can just restore it via service mode.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News