Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Banned User

Exclamation

Warning : do not attempt to install any files on real dev_flash without rigorous testing using firmloader, this write-enabler is a highly dangerous app and could brick your console if you make any mistakes while copying files. If you brick your console you can blame no-one only yourself. Apps like this are experimental at this stage and may not be 100% stable ! service mode might save you but no gauruntees.

That said , We've been working on Acid lots lately but I have stopped to try this out, After talking with CFWprophet, I have decided to try the latest beta we have of AcidCFW on my dev_flash, this is version 0.010 and it has progressed alot since 0.002.

So I have a few PS3s and decided to risk/test this app out one of them, I used it to install latest AcidCFW version for real and have now modded my actual FW files permanently to show the extra debug options seen in AcidCFW video plus some extra changes!

All compatibility with all homebrew is fine and all games are working. I still need JB of course to run homebrew but not for extra debug options and other changes, THEY ARE NOW A PERMANENT PART OF MY XMB! Much more testing to be done yet before i would recommend anyone to mod thier own dev_flash permanently but Now we can really say we have real true Custom Firmware!
    Last edited by DeViL303; 12-13-2010 at 02:08 AM

Mind sharing how you achieved this?

Quote Originally Posted by DeViL303 View Post
    That said , We've been working on Acid lots lately but I have stopped to try this out, After talking with CFWprophet, I have decided to try the latest beta we have of AcidCFW on my dev_flash, this is version 0.010 and it has progressed alot since 0.002.

So I have a few PS3s and decided to risk/test this app out one of them, I used it to install latest AcidCFW version for real and have now modded my actual FW files permanently to show the extra debug options seen in AcidCFW video plus some extra changes!

All compatibility with all homebrew is fine and all games are working. I still need JB of course to run homebrew but not for extra debug options and other changes, THEY ARE NOW A PERMANENT PART OF MY XMB! Much more testing to be done yet before i would recommend anyone to mod thier own dev_flash permanently but Now we can really say we have real true Custom Firmware!
    awesome news! thanks for sharing your experience.
    Last edited by IndyColtsFan84; 12-13-2010 at 02:25 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by IndyColtsFan84 View Post
    Mind sharing how you achieved this?
    Yes I replaced an option not needed in the game XMB (seg_welcome)
    with this
    [PHP] <Query
    class="type:x-xmb/folder-pixmap"
    key="seg_package_files"
    src="#seg_package_files"
    />[/PHP]

then replaced:

[PHP] <View id="seg_welcome">
    <Attributes>
    <Table key="welcome">
    <Pair key="content_type"><String>game</String></Pair>
    </Table>
    </Attributes>
    <Items>
    <Item class="type:x-xmb/xmlwelcome" key="welcome" attr="welcome" />
    </Items>
    </View>

</XMBML>[/PHP]

with:

[PHP] <View id="seg_package_files">
    <Attributes>
    <Table key="host_device">
    <Pair key="icon_rsc"><String>tex_album_icon</String></Pair>
    <Pair key="title_rsc"><String>msg_tool_install_file</String></Pair>
    <Pair key="child"><String>segment</String></Pair>
    <Pair key="ingame"><String>disable</String></Pair>
    </Table>
    </Attributes>
    <Items>
    <Query
    class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder"
    key="host_device" attr="host_device"
    src="#seg_packages"
    />
    </Items>
    </View>

<View id="seg_packages">
    <Items>
    <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_host" src="host://localhost/q?path=/app_home/&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
    <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_bdvd" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_bdvd&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
    <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_ms" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_ms&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
    <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb0" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb000&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
    <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb1" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb001&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
    <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb2" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb002&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
    <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb3" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb003&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
    <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb4" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb004&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
    <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb5" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb005&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
    <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb6" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb006&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
    <Query class="type:x-xmb/xmlpackagefolder" key="host_provider_usb7" src="host://localhost/q?path=/dev_usb007&suffix=.pkg&subclass=x-host/package" />
    </Items>
    </View>

</XMBML>
    [/PHP]

This was all done in the /dev_flash/vsh/resource/explore/xmb/category_game.xml file

EDIT: Also like DeViL said BE SURE to test on the firmloader before writing to the flash. You can very easily freeze the XMB permanatly due to a bad syntax.
    Last edited by hunterrr; 12-13-2010 at 02:34 AM

seems a permanent jailbreak is only a matter of time now. Wish i had a spare ps3 to do testing with :-( maybe we could even get some PSN access out of this.
    Last edited by IndyColtsFan84; 12-13-2010 at 02:46 AM

Banned User
    Yes, it only takes one extra space in wrong place in code or an - symbol instead of an _ symbol , any small mistake like this and it will not boot , can either show rsod or reinstall firmware screen, you are warned.

I'm sure we will still see noobs bricking with this, but you can only do so much to stop them. Good luck noobs out there!

Also more than just dev_flash write access needed for full permanent JB but its a step.
    Last edited by DeViL303; 12-13-2010 at 02:50 AM

Yeah i'm tempted to try running a modified vsh.self, it works great using the firmloader but I don't think it will run without unsigned code ( no JB ).. Either way if it doesn't work I should be able to fix it by reflashing in service mode

i can't get it to work.. can somebody explain this

No, it doesnt work without. Just think !! We only can use sdk files with jailbreak.

But wait a little bit and not get hyped.We will release today 2 versions. The normal firm loader one and only installable files.

Just 1-max 3 hours

This doesn't let you write to dev_flash.

anyone want to code a recovery.sprx? LoL

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast