Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

More recent debug firmware?

Sponsored Links
    Anyone have suggestions on how to obtain debug firmware above 2.80? The downloads page has 2.80 as the most recent. I'm assuming there's a debug counterpart to the retail firmware which is now at 3.15.

On a related note, are the firmware versions between retail and debug consistent, i.e. installing debug firmware 2.80 for a retail game that requires the retail update to 2.80 would essentially be the same?

I'm still getting my feet wet so please excuse the newb questions. Tried to do research in the other threads but couldn't find much regarding new firmware.

Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by urataruman View Post
    Anyone have suggestions on how to obtain debug firmware above 2.80? The downloads page has 2.80 as the most recent. I'm assuming there's a debug counterpart to the retail firmware which is now at 3.15.
    Correct, there is. However, we only add them in our Site Downloads when there are leaks... short of having your own SCE contact or access to Sony's DevNet, you probably are stuck waiting for the next PS3 Debug Firmware leak.
    Quote Originally Posted by urataruman View Post
    On a related note, are the firmware versions between retail and debug consistent, i.e. installing debug firmware 2.80 for a retail game that requires the retail update to 2.80 would essentially be the same?
    Not 100% sure what you are asking here, but I'll take a guess: If a game requires 2.8 then it should be 2.8 for both Retail or Debug builds... I don't ever recall hearing someone say a PS3 game works on a lower version Debug Firmware than its Retail counterpart or vice versa.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Awesome! Thanks for the info.

New PS3 Debug Firmware??

Hey Guys,

Does anyone knows if there is a newer firmware version (later than 2.80) available for a PS3 test-console yet?

Quote Originally Posted by GGG20 View Post
    Hey Guys,

Does anyone knows if there is a newer firmware version (later than 2.80) available for a PS3 test-console yet?
    the test/debug kit firmwares which are sent to the devs and in some cases reviewers are most likely up to date or even newer than the retail firmware. the actual one is 3.15 so far i know tho.

Hey SKFU,

The newest debug firmware in the devs section is 2.80 and I need firmware from 3.01 or above.

But thnx for your effort/help..

Big Grin ps3 debug firm

Hi guys! where i can find the new ps3 3.15 debug firmware?

It isn't leaked yet.. when it is, we will add it to our Site Downloads though.

and when it will be posted ?

Cool

I don't think you understood my reply.. to elaborate: we do not add PS3 Debug Firmware updates to our Downloads until someone leaks them publically. The last leaked one was 2.80 so it could be soon or several months until a newer version is leaked... nobody knows as it is not something anyone can predict.

If anyone has newer PS3 Debug Firmware who doesn't mind sharing it with our community feel free to e-mail us and we will post it for you here. In return, we will give you a Premium account on the site or if you can supply numerous files we may even invite you to the private Dev IRC channel.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News