Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

Exclamation Modern Warfare 2 PS3 Console Crash

Sponsored Links
    The title says it all

There are a few ways to make the console lock up and crash with Modern Warfare 2 I will go over the major one and Hope someone can do something with it. In the 3.10 firmware I believe I read somewhere that if the console crashes its should give you the option to send the info to sony about the crash, this does not happen when they system crashes with Modern Warfare 2.

The crash will happen on Firmware 3.x That I have seen it on and any version of MW2 Release or Patched. The easiest way to get the system to lock up and crash you will need a friend to send you a invite to game request:

1) You have to be at the XMB (Not In Game!)
    2) Have your friend in the multiplayer lobby
    3) Have your friend send you a invite to game request
    4) While you are at the XMB (Not In Game) accept the game request

At this point the game will attempt to load sometimes it will sometimes it wont. Either way the console will lock up crash and reboot. The lock up can take anywhere up to 1-5 mins its just random on how long it takes for it to crash. If the game decides to load it will move through the screens quickly to try to join your friends lobby and will crash they system and reboot.

Either way the outcome is the same total system failure.

Alternate method:
    you must do this pretty fast.

1) Load game
    2) Select Multiplayer (Quickly)
    3) Select Find Game (Quickly)

System Lockup and Reboot. For this method you have to spam the X button really fast so the console chokes when trying to find a game.

I believe these crashes are due to the new IWNET system in MW2
    Have fun with it if you can figure anything good that can come of this

~evil

Sponsored Links

Wink

Sponsored Links
    I gave you +Rep for your effort in sharing this, but just a reminder that unless you submit things like this under "PS3 Hacks" to the Site News not many people will see/reply to it.

Based on analytic data, most people check the Site News and then migrate to the Forums for article topics that interest them versus just checking the Forums which makes threads like this quite easy to miss unfortunately.

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    Good work, have you tried doing things like swapping the disk whilst it hangs?

yeah mw2 makes my ps3 freeze and just stop a fair amount of times. it occurs in many many different ways, the game is bugged to hell.

at least you were able to reproduce it, good work.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I gave you +Rep for your effort in sharing this, but just a reminder that unless you submit things like this under "PS3 Hacks" to the Site News not many people will see/reply to it.

Based on analytic data, most people check the Site News and then migrate to the Forums for article topics that interest them versus just checking the Forums which makes threads like this quite easy to miss unfortunately.
    I should have remembered that I read that over a year ago.

I had also made some good posts back in 07 on how to use posadis dns server to bypass firmware version checks, but a few years ago when you changed the layout of the site my name was deleted Now I have to start from scratch making posts again

As for changing the disc during the crash I haven't tried that yet but I would imagine all that would happen is when the console reboots it will load that game, but I will give it a shot.

Dont missunderstand me but doesnt all kind of bugs or possible exploits dont work in case of this nasty syscall LV1_panic?

So far i have always been able to reproduce the "Press X fast" to make MW2 crash almost all the time. The other happened to me to.

One thing that i have noticed is.. No matter in what way MW2 crashed i still can enter the XMB and select "EXIT GAME" Of course this makes the PS3 hard resets and as said before there is NO REPORT.

Looks like it is sending the FORCE reboot signal but without any actual data on Why is it forcing a reboot when it was asked to simply quit a frozen game. In this case MW2. For what matter so far this has only happened in MW2 to me.

Becouse it is frozen and with a little bit luck you could implement your owen code.There for and to be sure the HV calls lv1_panic and force the console to a complet reboot of the system.

Thats exactly why such things couldnt help to get into the system.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cfwprophet View Post
    Becouse it is frozen and with a little bit luck you could implement your owen code.There for and to be sure the HV calls lv1_panic and force the console to a complet reboot of the system.

Thats exactly why such things couldnt help to get into the system.
    my thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by evilsperm View Post
    my thoughts exactly
    Yep... Now must find that luck and the missing code somewhere around

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News