Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by badincite View Post
    Who are the distributors? I've been trying to find a cheap version or just one at all lately
    I will ask Paul today. Usually when I ask where he gets components he replies Mauser or DigiKey. Keep in mind though that the reason the Teensy is so limited is that Paul is unable to find any more of the chips out there from any supplier he can find. Basically between JIT inventory strategies, the economic recovery starting to spin up and the out-of-left-field sudden huge demand for the product basically there is a global run on the chip until the manufacturer can arrange for fab space to make another run on them. Simply put the Teensy was not designed for the purposes that gamers are using them for and no one anticipated this sort of dramatic increase in demand.

Granted, when Paul is sourcing components he is buying reels of them so that the product can be made in numbers, so I am assuming he is ignoring suppliers that have less than a certain number of the chip. I am -guessing- that if you are lucky you might find some left in someones parts bin somewhere. I'm sure though that Paul would just give me one of his "not likely" looks and say "Maaaaaaybe".

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Maybe in the wrong place, but I got this from Paul yesterday:

First, please let me apologize for the lengthy delay in processing your order. I realize how frustrating the wait can be, and until now we've done a poor job of communicating your order's status. I'm trying to improve our process (while also working like mad to ship so many packages....) Your order contains a Teensy++, and unfortunately our stock was depleted by other orders that came before yours, so your Teensy++ is on backorder.

The good news is we are expecting more Teensy++ stock within 10 days, and signs are promising they might be early. We counted up the queue, and your order is before the point where we believe the new stock will run out, so it's likely we'll be able to ship a board to you within the next 2 weeks. Again, I'm really sorry we haven't managed quick service or responsive communication. I do hope, in the end, your experience with Teensy or Teensy++ will overall be positive and your design or project is ultimately a great success. Thanks, -Paul

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I just canceled my teensy++ order, got an email saying it wouldn't even be shipped before november. So i will try my luck with one of these minimus's instead.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News