Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I mean to fool the Drive to think there is a disc in it, by emulating it the lowest, analog-ish way possible (or the lowest unencripted-communication level). So far, the bits on the disc cannot been alternated so it can be mirrored by somehow.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The only think what i can imaging will be to have a original disk in drive to use that Water Mark.

But we the puplic scene knows quite less to come near to it. What i know that to time and about the PS3 a lot of things will be kept quiet/secured.

If something would be found that could be used to come into the system then i dont want to know it but i want to use it if it comes to this point where you can store your games on hdd or something else.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by cfwprophet View Post
    The only think what i can imaging will be to have a original disk in drive to use that Water Mark.

But we the puplic scene knows quite less to come near to it. What i know that to time and about the PS3 a lot of things will be kept quiet/secured.

If something would be found that could be used to come into the system then i dont want to know it but i want to use it if it comes to this point where you can store your games on hdd or something else.
    I think you could bypass this by using 2 blu-ray disk drives (one with a watermarked dvd and one with out) which could be switched with a controller device such as an Arduino Mega. You could have the data lines go from the disk to authenticate that it is "watermarked" and then the blu-ray input could be switched to the one with a copy in it. After something is learned about the the signal that authenticates the dvd some kind of work around to verify all dvd's could be made... I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsqueege View Post
    I think you could bypass this by using 2 blu-ray disk drives (one with a watermarked dvd and one with out) which could be switched with a controller device such as an Arduino Mega. You could have the data lines go from the disk to authenticate that it is "watermarked" and then the blu-ray input could be switched to the one with a copy in it. After something is learned about the the signal that authenticates the dvd some kind of work around to verify all dvd's could be made... I think...
    There would be a couple of sacrificial PS3's used to make a hacked ps3.

I don't have the money or time to do any of this. I doubt many people have enough money, time, motivation, and skill to try it. I would also guess that you could use a hard drive if you made something that would read a file on the drive that could ast as a iso loader. I doubt there would be any way that any company could stop a good hardware attack, look at the wii, psp, gamecube, playstation one and 2, and the nds because hardware is the one thing that they cannot change cost effectively.

And then again this is just my thoughts.. I have not tried any of this and have no real evidence to support that this could work and i have not worked with any one who has hacked a system. But if I were to try this, I would go about it the way I mentioned above....
    Last edited by Poopsqueege; 12-01-2009 at 05:18 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The issue with using multiple disks is the fact that, every important file (actually just about every file now) on disk is encrypted, and there is essentially a lookup table at the start of the disk, that outlines what files are encrypted, their locations - and among other things, what decrypt key to use (no, the key isn't there, but its all related)

So , even if all disks used the same exact key (which, is doubtful), it could be changed on a whim, for a per game key - making the whole valid disk thing useless.

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    The issue with using multiple disks is the fact that, every important file (actually just about every file now) on disk is encrypted, and there is essentially a lookup table at the start of the disk, that outlines what files are encrypted, their locations - and among other things, what decrypt key to use (no, the key isn't there, but its all related)

So , even if all disks used the same exact key (which, is doubtful), it could be changed on a whim, for a per game key - making the whole valid disk thing useless.
    Darn. I just looked at the def jam icon post.. has there been any developments on that? It seems that decompiling effort has ceased as well. Did everyone just give up?

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsqueege View Post
    Darn. I just looked at the def jam icon post.. has there been any developments on that? It seems that decompiling effort has ceased as well. Did everyone just give up?
    Not sure exactly what you are referring to, but I do know none of the Devs here are doing any work on Def Jam Icon or decompiling.

CJ is busy preparing for Final Exams this semester, playing with his PS3 TOOL when he has freetime, and awaiting delivery of a Service Mode PS3 that he plans to work on converting to a PS3 Debug console.

Most of the others are just continuing work on their own (unannounced/internal) projects in their freetime or just idling on IRC/MSN.

That being said, I suppose we'll close this thread shortly as the OP anita999 hasn't even logged into the site in nearly three weeks.

I was talking about the StreetskaterFU's find on the the defjam icon having some unencrypted information... it hasn't been updated in forever.

I was just saying in general that it seems that people have stopped trying to hack the ps3.. they seemed to have either hit a bump or have gave up. I have read about the dev console and I think it is awesome. I understand finals are coming up, being a student myself, I understand school comes before everything else.

We are humans, Humans dont give up!!! (sure a few of them will but WE NOT)

To be serious: Uhmm..first forget the things posted from SKFU.Every "founding" what he hase posted could not lead into anything.Why you think skfu gives this to the public?

It couldn lead into anything.I sayed to him what i think, that his foundings/hacks couldnt be usefull.SKFU stated that he knows how to play games from HDD (pirated) but he never want to release it to the public becouse lamers like me yada,yada,yada.

Devs still working but every good coder, every good hacker from the sceene is stating that the ps3 is THE master piece.

Only a think impulse.Im pretty sure that from this whole board only one maybe no single one USER (not dever or so) have the ability to crack the x360 NAND to made a freeboot or what ever possible.

Now back to the ps3.The ps for sure have 5 time higher security then the x360.If no dever can do or found a reall useable hole then we the user have no chance to do anything not even giving a thinking impulse.

And dont forget that the PS3 is secured against buffer overflow attacks.So savegame files (even with bugs) can not be usefull.
    One good thing was the OtherOS but since some guy have released how the Cell (maybe) could be exploited Sony have removed it from the Slim and now no more Cell hacking

LA data logs for PS3 BD drive ATA bus

As I expressed, I was way too busy to have time analyzing these data logs. My personal business makes me travel a lot. reverse engineering won't get too much time from my schedule.

anyway, here is the download the LA data log from ATA bus of PS3, with a RR7 inside it. From boot up to the loading of data from the game disk. the probing cables are way too long, and the hand made probing card is not so stable, so expect to have some errors in the data. anyway, it's a start.

it's saved in angilent LA native format, I renamed the signals per GodzIvan's pinout, but keep the original pin#. So if you happened to figure out any errors in the pinout, please do let me know.

and welcome to all the people who can share any findings from this log. or to provide more logs.

btw, you need the LA PC software from Angilent, which is free. simply go to Angilent's web, and search for newest LA, download the PC software then you can browse this file.

enjoy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by anita999 View Post
    As I expressed, I was way too busy to have time analyzing these data logs. My personal business makes me travel a lot. reverse engineering won't get too much time from my schedule.
    No prob anita999 and +Rep! I reopened your thread, merged your post and attached the file to it. I will add this to the PS3 Dev IRC topic as well now in case any of them wish to give it a peek!

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News