Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I might even give him my PS3 and pay him the money, cause I'm very curious. He'll have the responsibility not to brick it anyway.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominator7 View Post
    Somebody in my neighborhood claims that he can put a hacked firmware in the PS3's blu-ray drive achieving backup loading from the drive (not from the HDD). He told me that with this way, half of the games work! He only asks 30 euros for that operation. Is this possible? I googled that, but found nothing!
    Yeah - he's mistaken. If I had to guess, he is probably thinking of X360.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So you're claiming to have worked with the makers of our xbox 360 drive's cfw?

Almost like you know c4eva etc?

It seems that Sony changed SATA pinout for making harder hacker's work. Keep your work up mate

BR

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Yeah - he's mistaken. If I had to guess, he is probably thinking of X360.
    most likely that is true. there are plenty of old and confirmed fakes floating around the net - in fact arent we about due for a new one?

Yeah I was gonna say myself...

Give it time, they'll be someone with his own PS3 Modchip built in a shed in Merseyside or something.

@anita999 - have you actually managed to capture any data from the ATA bus?

Also, can someone point me in the direction of a cheap logic analyzer? I don't think an oscilliscope will cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mintor View Post
    most likely that is true. there are plenty of old and confirmed fakes floating around the net - in fact arent we about due for a new one?
    I say we are over-due for a real one, not due for another fake.

I wonder why noone trying to Low-end emulate the BD media itself? (by interfacing the mortor-, servo-, and laser-signals) This seems undetectable (if the discs are not individually identifiable), and impossible to eleminate by sony - as far the disc can not "morphing"/actively communicate.

If individually marked, then only offline can be used (without proper countermeasure)
    If they can actively communicate.. then it sould be broken first.

I know it is the way of piracy, but maybe lead to something more useful, even to cfw.

Its all supposed to be encrypted or have some trust something or other associated.. each bluray drive is supposedly tied to the os.

Wonder how many ppl are trying to hack this thing.

But the main thing will be that the Original BD Disks have a digital WaterMark and it couldnt be hacked to time.

If it would be such easy then im sure some one already would have done a BD-Emulation Chip.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News