Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    @anita999
    Nice to see you working in this. Hope you get lucky

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by anita999 View Post
    Thanks a lot, iCEQB.. but to get and/or decrypt the BD firmware is not my purpose in this case. The middle man solution is to intercept/emulate the BD drive with other device. please check your email.
    as far as I know is the Blueray drive keyed to the orginal ps3 mb and the BD FW is encrypted.. so I really can't see how you're able to intercept or emulate the BD drive with other devices

but I truly believe there is some kind of solution to this problem.

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up Great work

Sponsored Links
    Great man keep it up your good work.

sounds good!
    its always great to have someone new on the scene
    especially if you helped make the first 360 hack. good luck mate!

Well welcome aboard anita!

Hope you guys can make some improvements

So basically what you are trying to do is change what is going into the ps3 by swapping the output from the BR-dvd drive with an output from a hard drive or some sort of memory device? That sounds good, why hasn't someone else done this? I am very interested in your project and would like to help, if you want any.

Its every time nice to see a potential guy joining our site. I'm sure it will not took to long to see the PS3Dev signing under anita999īs name

Welcome, Good Luck and only the best wishes to you.

I don't know how far you have got into the research but it seems that after Pin #19 the Blu-ray pins differ from normal ATA wiring. It seems Pin #20 for regular ATA is not used as the key and is replaced with what should be Pin #21 for its Pin #20. Another differance I have noticed is that Pin #39 on a normal ATA is also not used on the PS3. So Pin #21 is 20 on the ps3 and Pin #40 is 38.

Question

Somebody in my neighborhood claims that he can put a hacked firmware in the PS3's blu-ray drive achieving backup loading from the drive (not from the HDD). He told me that with this way, half of the games work! He only asks 30 euros for that operation. Is this possible? I googled that, but found nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Dominator7 View Post
    Somebody in my neighborhood claims that he can put a hacked firmware in the PS3's blu-ray drive achieving backup loading from the drive (not from the HDD). He told me that with this way, half of the games work! He only asks 30 euros for that operation. Is this possible? I googled that, but found nothing!
    I don't think it's possible, unless he's part of some underground group and has found a hole.
    Ask him for a demo using his console. If he's smart, he'll let you see it in action. If not, he might be blowing smoke.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News