Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Mednafen Multi-System Emulator Port for PS3 is Now Available

Sponsored Links
    Homebrew developer Robo Hobo has released a PS3 port of Mednafen today, which is a multi-system (NES, GB, GBC, GBA, SMS, GG) emulator for the PlayStation 3 GameOS.

Download: Mednafen Multi-System Emulator Port for PS3 / Mednafen Multi-System Emulator Port for PS3 r3 / Mednafen Multi-System Emulator Port for PS3 Source Code / Mednafen Multi-System Emulator Port for PS3 r4 / Mednafen Multi-System Emulator Port for PS3 r7 / Mednafen Multi-System Emulator Port for PS3 r22 / Mednafen Multi-System Emulator Port for PS3 r23 / Mednafen Multi-System Emulator Port for PS3 r30 / Mednafen Multi-System Emulator Port for PS3 r40 / Mednafen Multi-System Emulator Port for PS3 r44 / Mednafen Multi-System Emulator Port for PS3 r59 / Mednafen Multi-System Emulator Port for PS3 r60 / Mednafen Multi-System Emulator Port for PS3 r62 / Mednafen Multi-System Emulator Port for PS3 r81 / Mednafen Multi-System Emulator Port for PS3 r83 / Mednafen Multi-System Emulator Port for PS3 r84 / Mednafen Multi-System Emulator Port for PS3 r90 / Mednafen Multi-System Emulator Port for PS3 r102 / Mednafen Multi-System Emulator Port for PS3 r157 / [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: Currently Mednafen only supports zipped roms, as there was a bug with unzipped roms (fix coming soon). Future versions should have PC Engine and PC Engine CD, as well as Atari Lynx, Neo-Geo Pocket and WonderSwan.

This is a port of the Mednafen Multi-System emulator to the Sony PlayStation 3.

Mednafen PS3 Features:
    - Emulates NES GB GBC GBA SMS GG
    - Load uncompressed or zipped images
    - Save and load save ram and save states
    - File browser, place your games on a USB drive, or FTP them to the internal drive
    - Fast forward

The first time you load a game for a system, you will be asked to configure the controls, you can reconfigure them later by pressing L3 + R3.

Future:
    - PCE and PCE CD support
    - Neo-Geo pocket, Atari Lynx and Wonder Swan support
    - Better user interface
    - Other features

Use:
    - File Menu
    - Up and Down to Scroll the list by 1
    - Left and Right to scroll the list by a page
    - Cross: Select File or directory
    - Circle: Go to previous directory

In Game:
    - Tilt the right stick to the right for fast forward
    - R3 to open settings menu
    - Hold L3 + L2 to save state
    - Hold L3 + R2 to load state
    - Hold L3 + R3 to redefine controls

Settings Menu:
    - Up and down to choose setting
    - Left and right to change the current settings value

Thanks to:
    The original author of Mednafen, and all of the emulators it contains.
    The people who make the PS3 JailBreak possible.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

mednafen.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Would it be possible for me to edit this to work on 3.15?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    works fine for me on 3.41 - zelda the minish cap (gba) is running great. big THX
    Last edited by kalunke; 10-25-2010 at 09:40 PM

Ok this should have been tested before posting "Load uncompressed or zipped images " is a lie. it can only load zipped files with this rev.

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    Ok this should have been tested before posting "Load uncompressed or zipped images " is a lie. it can only load zipped files with this rev.
    If you read the post, it does say :- "Currently Mednafen only supports zipped roms, as there was a bug with unzipped roms (fix coming soon)."

Cool, i'll wait for uncompressed support but still really cool, can't wait to play some GBA games woot

Any idea where I can get roms that will work on this? I have a PS3 Debug DECHA00A 3.20, thanks!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by danzorezno View Post
    Any idea where I can get roms that will work on this? I have a PS3 Debug DECHA00A 3.20, thanks!
    You will have to use Google for ROMs, there are thousands of sites for them so it shouldn't be difficult and I don't want people spamming them here sorry.

I tested Sega Master System and Game Gear roms and they are not loading. When selected it simplys puts me back at the XMB.

Cool thanks man!

Really hoping this works, wanna play the old Metal Gear's and the GB Metal Gear

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News