Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Not really a surprise that game companies make sure their new games only work on 3.42 or later and added some more checks to prevent running on older firmwares ...

It was just a question time and it's easy to change stuff in their games to detect if it's really a 3.42+ console. Sony could also help them by adding new functions to their firmware and if those functions are not included in 3.41, the game will not work at all.

But it's not really a surprise for me and I did expect that I will not be able to play *new* games on my jailbreaked console, not even those where I bought original disc ... I am pretty sure that most of the games that will get released now will be protected, specially those BlockBuster games like GranTurismo from Sony or whatever ... it's too easy for them to make sure they don't work on old firmwares and as long as we have to stay with 3.41, there is not much what we can do.

So you can play all games that were released "before" the jailbreak, but I doubt you can play games that will get released in the future. Only custom firmwares could help us in that case but even then it would not be very hard for gamedevelopers to add some checks to detect if the console is jailbreaked or not ...

I guess sooner or later I will upgrade anyway ... if I played all *old* games and there is nothing interesting for me in the homebrew-appz scene ... for now most people are focusing on games, not so many cool appz out there ...
    Last edited by FraggelMonster; 10-07-2010 at 11:22 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    When you say the game must be copied by using OBM from External to Internal HDD, does it mean that transferring the game via blackb0x FTP between a PC (internal HDD NTFS) to PS3's internal should work as well?

I have OBM v1.4 which has an option of patch ON/OFF in the homebrew part of it. Is this the option I need to switch ON? So this means I have hermes in OBM?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofthething View Post
    When you say the game must be copied by using OBM from External to Internal HDD, does it mean that transferring the game via blackb0x FTP between a PC (internal HDD NTFS) to PS3's internal should work as well?

I have OBM v1.4 which has an option of patch ON/OFF in the homebrew part of it. Is this the option I need to switch ON? So this means I have hermes in OBM?
    yes, you must be use in hermes patch on.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have compiled the Open Manager Tool for MacOS X.

Did this under 10.6.4. Simply installed qt SDK and ran qmake. This generated an Xcode project which I built. I have attached the compiled app.

It runs, but I have not tested the functionality. I am doing that now. Figured I would post it to see if someone can beat me to testing it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

a very noob question here. i am using psjailbreak with Open Manager v1.16 Released *Updated*. how am i suppose to go into patch mode, as simple as pressing L1+start something like that? and can psjailbreak use this hermes thingy?

Apology cos i dun really understand point 3 and 4

1. ERASE the Update Folder
    2. DONT CHANGE ANYTHING IN PARAM.SFO
    3. GAME MUST BE COPIED USING OBM FROM EXTERNAL TO INTERNAL
    4. HERMES PATCH NEEDS TO BE ENABLED TO PLAY.
    Last edited by winthur; 10-07-2010 at 12:30 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

you get the game but still not right?

Quote Originally Posted by kain2004 View Post
    I have compiled the Open Manager Tool for MacOS X.

Did this under 10.6.4. Simply installed qt SDK and ran qmake. This generated an Xcode project which I built. I have attached the compiled app.

It runs, but I have not tested the functionality. I am doing that now. Figured I would post it to see if someone can beat me to testing it.
    Ok, I have tested it and it seems to work as intended.

Deleting the update file does not allow this game to boot. It fails a firmware check before it even launches from the XMB. Editing the SFO was the only way I could get it to even TRY to launch. He mentions going and buying the game? I don't think he realizes this game isn't even released yet.

Can you post the title ID of the game you are working with? I want to verify we are on the same page, because I'm beginning to think we are working with a different game.
    Last edited by linex7; 10-07-2010 at 12:50 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Jes03 View Post
    What about the people that will buy the game and have already pre-ordered it? There is no piracy when it comes to those people. They just want to play the game they paid for on the system they want with the firmware they want.

If it won't play on a jailbreaked system then I wont be buying it.
    Then you can play it, when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by kally12 View Post
    Then you can play it, when it comes out.
    If he wants to play it without updating his firmware, then NO, he can't play it when it comes out.

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News