Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    any news for a progress that has been done on a CFW?

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Down

Sponsored Links
    I guess i will be getting a refund

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    chill out guys, all it will take is a little bit of code added to open backup manager to fix this.

YEH or is there some way to patch it on the PC before you FTP it over ? like when you patch WII games?

if any kind of patching is required to achieve this, the hypervisor might panic the ps3.

A little off topic - I'm not jailbreaking for the piracy. I'm more than happy to purchase games, and I own a huge number of originals. My problem is, I have two xboxes in my house and two PS3s (mine and my teenage sons). As developers choose more and more NOT to support split screen gaming, Should I really have to purchase multiple copies of the same game so my son and I can play together (or seperately but at the same time)? Sorry devs, as much as I support your work and am happy to pay for it, one licence per household is enough I think!

Quote Originally Posted by dante489 View Post
    any news for a progress that has been done on a CFW?
    I don't think custom firmwares can happen as apparently, although .PUP files can be decompiled, they can't be recompiled. I think if you want to keep your jailbreak your gona have to kiss the PSN goodbye indefinately!
    Last edited by xxxgizmoxxx; 10-07-2010 at 05:26 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This was coming. Why is everyone so shocked about this? I'm actually surprised it took this long for Sony to pull this rabbit out of their hat. I will remain patient and let the hackers and developers work their magic. I'm not the kind of person that has to have that new game right now. I'm not upgrading my firmware for ANY game.

Working in Linux, natively built. Had to fix the source files as Linux is case-sensitive and some of the files have "basesettings.h" instead of "baseSettings.h", etc.

To build, do the fixes (check all casing, it's only a few files), edit OMU.pro file to go to wherever you want (DESTDIR = . will mean current directory), and then qmake -unix && make && ./OMU.

Developers: Let's use more Qt! it's cross-platform and doesn't look like shit (Java's Swing or AWT, Gtk+). Plus it's native.

Sources modified to compile on Linux with x86-64 binary (just do `make clean` if you want to make your own) are attached. Compiled against Qt 4.6.1.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

desktop1.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by xxxgizmoxxx View Post
    I don't think custom firmwares can happen as apparently, although .PUP files can be decompiled, they can't be recompiled. I think if you want to keep your jailbreak your gona have to kiss the PSN goodbye indefinately!
    not a problem i do already have 2 PS3s one for homebrew and backups and the other one for online.

i'm using my n900, and it would be nice if i could restart the system and still have the jailbreak function without the need for performing the jailbreak hack again. i'm not exactly sure what do you call it!
    is it possible to patch this hack and get raid of our jailbreaking devices?

sorry for the bad English thought!

Quote Originally Posted by xxxgizmoxxx View Post
    A little off topic - I'm not jailbreaking for the piracy. I'm more than happy to purchase games, and I own a huge number of originals. My problem is, I have two xboxes in my house and two PS3s (mine and my teenage sons). As developers choose more and more NOT to support split screen gaming, Should I really have to purchase multiple copies of the same game so my son and I can play together (or seperately but at the same time)? Sorry devs, as much as I support your work and am happy to pay for it, one licence per household is enough I think!
    Totally agree! I have 2 Xbox 360's and if I want to be totally 100% legitimate, for games that don't support split-screen, I have to do the following twice:

- Xbox 360's (done)
    - Copy of the game (obviously legitimate)
    - Xbox LIVE accounts (that's now $60 each per year) for games that won't do system-link or if I just want to use LIVE instead of just playing locally; and also, many games lack a system-link; I think MS is discouraging the feature even though Halo Reach has it.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News