Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links

Unhappy

Sponsored Links
    it sounds good but i really don't know how to get in on dev_hddo/game on my ps3. anyone have and idea or knows how? sorry my broken english.

Sponsored Links

Magic PKG v0.4 Beta

Sponsored Links
    Today Alegoria has updated his Magic PKG PS3 homebrew application to version 0.4 which now includes partial English support among the changes detailed below followed by version 1.0.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror)

To quote, roughly translated: Some days programming an operator of PKG, and since I have left something kinda cool, because what the public... I notice I am not a professional program and I do this with an altruistic and disinterested.

I must say it is only tested in Kmeaw 3.55, it also creates this pkg for CFW GeoHot have not tried. No need to have any program or folder keys, simply use the MagicPKG and go.

This program uses internally readself tools, unself, etc... but you need not have them.

Please, if you use it to go posting that you work and no play as well as if you ever find a fault. Thank you very much everybody.

OPERATION: The program itself has a fairly comprehensive tutorial.

Version 0.4
    • Analysis SELF game files.
    • Create Simple Edition PKG (Automatic)
    • Create PKG Advanced Editing (FUNCTION DISABLED TO WITHIN A FEW DAYS, WORKING ON IT)
    • Create PKG unedited.
    • Create custom PKG and analysis of PARAM.SFO.
    • Unzip PKG (for now unpack ALL pkg me I tried)
    • Tutorial
    • Ability to choose between Castilian and English.
    • Resizable.

Update: Version 1.0 Changes:

Greetings again to all... It's been a few days since I released the v0.4, I had time to make this software in the suite of tools that I wanted, and as promised here I am to present. Remember that it is a research tool, for nothing is a substitute for your backup manager

MAGIC PKG 1.0
    • Create PKG by 3 different methods.
    • Unzip PKG's both retail and debug.
    • Download updates for games.

Suite graphical tool:
    • Readself
    • Unself
    • Make_Self
    • Make_Self_NPDRM
    • Elf_Builder
    • Self_Rebuilder
    • Psn_package_npdrm
    • Package_finalize
    • EbootMOD

Veritas (Tool created by me for carrying out the method Veritas)
    • Editor ELF files
    • Editor PARAM.SFO
    • Tutorial
    • Full support ESP / ENG, that if the English translation leaves much to be desired
    • Resizable

ACTIONS

CREATE PKG

Here we create a PKG for our game using three different methods.

Method 1: Veritas

This method is based on the process described by Veritas, I have implemented the code, but this method may change in future versions, as it is designed to investigate the best way to create a PKG, and depending on the method of your comments will vary. We describe below that makes really, speaking at the moment.

1. - AL unself EBOOT.BIN AND OTHER SELFS O SPRX
    2. - EDIT THE CHANGING GENERATED ELFS:

dev_bdvd -> dev_hdd0
    APP_HOME -> dev_hdd0
    BDVD: -> HDD0:
    PS3_GAME -> G / [+ chosen folder name (6 characters)]

3. - NOW BY THE METHOD OF VERITAS Rebuilt BIN EDITED FROM ELF (Veritas Method)
    4. - Rebuilt SELF WITH MAKE_SELF_NPDRM
    5. - Edited the PARAM.SFO
    6. - CREATED WITH PKG PSN_PACKAGE_NPDRM

For this method, you must specify the name of the installation folder in the PS3, can be any size but must be 6 characters.
    To install the game by this method have two options, I will recommend the option Multiman.

WITH multiMAN (recommended):

1. - Delete the game data you may have your PS3 (this game).
    2. - Copy the game to your PS3, you know, go into Multiman, and the circle button.
    3. - Install PKG created.
    4. - Back in Multiman, go to the file browser, GAMES folder, and go into the game folder.
    5. - Brand PS3_GAME folder, press R3, we ask if you want to make a Shadow Copy of the folder, we say yes.
    6. - Dev_hdd0 Now the folder is created G, enters it, you'll see that it has created a kind E00565 folder, rename it with the name you put in the time to make the PKG.
    7. - Salt to XMB and launch the game ... Luck

WITHOUT multiMAN

2. - Install PKG created.
    3. - Create the folder G dev_hdd0
    4. - Enters it and creates a folder with the name you put in the time to create the PKG.
    5. - Copy the folder created inside the folder contents _GAME PS you are installing the game.
    6. - Salt to XMB and launch the game ..... Luck

If the game asks us for a top firm, we can make a choice to force that suits us.
    Remember that this method of creating PKG is subject to change depending on your opinions and knowledge I will acquire.

Method 2: ebootFIX (Recommended)

This method uses the tool of Dean (creator of Multiman) ebootFIX. By this method it is necessary Multiman. To install the game by this method:

2. - Copy the game to your PS3, you know, go into Multiman, and the circle button.
    3. - Install PKG created.
    4. - Back in Multiman, go to the file browser, GAMES folder, and go into the game folder.
    5. - Brand PS3_GAME folder, press R3, we ask if you want to make a Shadow Copy of the folder, we say yes.
    6. Salt to XMB and launch the game ... Luck

To say that we create ebootFIX PKG's both 3.41 and 3.55.

Method 3: No edition

With this method by editing the file EBOOT.BIN, ie not change the installation path, just edit the PARAM.SFO. To install the game by this method:

2. - Install PKG created.
    3. - Now, the folder is created dev_hdd0/game mask with Game ID, enters it, enters USRDIR, and copy the contents of the folder USRDIR of the game, everything except the EBOOT.BIN.
    4. Salt to XMB and launch the game ... Luck

As a curiosity that games like Assassins Creed's, both the method 1 and 2, mute function, (OJO, speak without BR!), However with method 3 work perfectly.

PKG DECOMPRESS

Extract the contents of a pkg, both retail and debug.

DOWNLOAD UPDATES

We allow you to download updates from the game, and it is clear that by far not served with the PKG's created with this program.
    The sole purpose of this option is the research, as this software generally.

EDIT ELF

We can edit an ELF file, and search and replacement of text patterns.
    When we drag one ELF file to the program, we will show the first 100 bytes in a small hex editor, if you enter a text string, and click on search, we show all

occurrences of the pattern provided, if we see them we can show the block of bytes containing just coincidence intorduciendo the desired offset, eye values must be in hexadecimal. Finally we can replace the data by the data you want, as long as the size of lal replace string is equal to the size of the supplied string. It is a simple, but the goal is to have a small editor for testing.

EDIT PARAM.SFO

We PARAM.SFO edit the file and change the desired settings.

AS ALWAYS SAY THAT I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMMING, so if you find BUGS course, IF I TRY rectify communicate them.

You have some screenshots below. A couple of final notes... On the one hand, and given that this software has been extended by various forums / websites, I only guarantee that the software is clean from possible threats if you download it from here. I leave the hash ... 6CD29821DD9031AB4054F1D52BEA9D82

A final consideration, this software will connect to the internet ONLY if you decide to download any Update, first establishing a connection to the page: colored-mind.de and then Sony's servers to download the PKG. EDIT 1: Fixed problem with label force the firm.

Magic PKG v0.4 Beta PS3 App Updated with Partial English Support

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

re

Sponsored Links
    this is done in visual basic but i don't know how to change it to c++ then we could alter it all to english, even the tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by deanrr View Post
    No, they are not.

This app is basically the same as EBOOT_FIX app, which I provided with multiMAN. The difference is that you don't need to do anything special with my app.

Just convert your backup to a PKG files with eboot_fix (simple drag&drop) and create shadow copy of the game via multiMAN's file manager (pressing [R3] over the game PS3_GAME folder).
    Dean is the Eboot_fix app built into multi-man or is it a separate standalone program?

Quote Originally Posted by goyi View Post
    it sounds good but i really don't know how to get in on dev_hddo/game on my ps3. anyone have and idea or knows how? sorry my broken english.
    you can access that part of the ps3 via FTP or using Multi-man file manager (that's the way I do it).

Quote Originally Posted by jd200 View Post
    this is done in visual basic but i don't know how to change it to c++ then we could alter it all to english, even the tutorial.
    You have access to the source? If so, provide a link please (As long as that is in compliance with the Developers terms).

re

strange this isn't working i select NPUB30089 which is digger psn game which i ftp the folder from my ps3 to pc and has the EBOOT BIN in the folder but says IT COULDN'T BE FOUND EBOOT BIN ??

no i don't have src but you can use Reflector program to get src.
    Last edited by jd200; 03-30-2011 at 09:09 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I tried this with crysis 2 and it didnt work, just goes back to xmb

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News