Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb Load PS3 Firmware Under 3.41 Through the PS3 JailBreak

Sponsored Links
    With the release of the firmware 3.15/3.10/3.01 port of PSGroove/PSFreedom arrived, an idea sprung to my head which is simple.

I need a user that uses firmware 3.15/3.10/3.01 to FULLY FORMAT his PS3 and then ftp into it and dump dev_hdd0 and dev_flash folders and upload it.

After that, a number of test will undergo the Open Firmware Loader by JaiCrab.

And IF any of us succeed we can be proud and say that OtherOS is back.

And another thing, if we manage to do this, I will update and try to decrypt/mount/whatever firmware 3.50 so we can have 3D and PSN!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'd love to help but I need a compiled hex of the 3.15 patch before I can get going.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Fr33m4n, ok thats good. see, in around 14 hours, i'll be back home and i'll compile it for you.

Reply which version you need, and what board you got.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckluka View Post
    And another thing, if we manage to do this, I will update and try to decrypt/mount/whatever firmware 3.50 so we can have 3D and PSN!
    How will you accomplish the update to 3.50? Once we've updated to 3.42+ the JB exploit is closed, so I'm not sure how you will get access to a 3.50 PS3 in order to extract the required firmware files. Unless it's possible that in 3.50 the exploit isn't closed, but the memory offsets to patch have changed?

I'm not sure how exactly it could be done, but remember geohot was able to make a custom 3.21 firmware that still had OtherOS support. So keeping the exploit open in 3.50 may very well be possible.

This was my question to how do you intend on getting a 3.50 dump Luck? it may be possible if you pin out the nand and dump it from a system on 3.50 but whomever dose it would risk dammaging there console permanently to get us this information....

other than that im verry optimistic about runing a lower ps3 firmware off usb.... if we could exploit 3.5 it would be possible to run it from usb that would be great... can't wait to see Luck's progress on this when he gets some time.

We will need to find a more permanent solution before we can port OtherOS to newer firmware versions. USB Firmware Loader is disabled when the PS3 restarts itself, so any function that requires the PS3 to reboot will break USB Firmware Loader, and I think setting up OtherOS requires the PS3 to reboot in that process.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckluka View Post
    Fr33m4n, ok thats good. see, in around 14 hours, i'll be back home and i'll compile it for you.

Reply which version you need, and what board you got.
    Same here - good old fat on 3.15 with Minimus AVR (AT90USB162) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    How will you accomplish the update to 3.50? Once we've updated to 3.42+ the JB exploit is closed, so I'm not sure how you will get access to a 3.50 PS3 in order to extract the required firmware files. Unless it's possible that in 3.50 the exploit isn't closed, but the memory offsets to patch have changed?
    Now that's a secret and the magic of Full PUP Decryption.

I won't start the project on loading 3.50 until we get older firmwares back. I'm still not @ home. I'll compile hex files for AT90USB162 and AT90USB1287(and maybe AT90USB646) if it will be needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfWar
    We will need to find a more permanent solution before we can port OtherOS to newer firmware versions. USB Firmware Loader is disabled when the PS3 restarts itself, so any function that requires the PS3 to reboot will break USB Firmware Loader, and I think setting up OtherOS requires the PS3 to reboot in that process.
    A reboot will NOT be required. JaiCrab's loader does the job

I can't wait to get home! I will also get started on full decryption of <3.41 PUPs with a theory that will work.

it won't work on boards right, it's for the phone type devices? i have a hd2 if any one can compile it i can test 3.01 and 3.15 and upload both dev.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News