Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Come on people... Dump the Dev_Flash!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PR0r View Post
    I thought I would give it a go too but failed well short. I have a ps3 running 3.42 fw but thought I could try my old hdd (40gig, 3.15) which I took out of the ps3 months ago when I upgraded hdd size. Unfortunately when I put the old hdd back (3.15) it tells me on booting that I've gotta install 3.42 firmware to get it going again.

Be good if we could edit whatever it is thats stored on the ps3's flash that does this check. As this was simply telling me to install an image of 3.42, imagine getting to choose what fw version to start fresh on, would be a complete downgrade. I'm pretty sure we now have access to that area of the ps3 too. I'll do some snooping later on.
    It's not just "some info" - it's part of the firmware in the flash memory. And no - sorry - you can't downgrade this way - not as simple as would everyone wish
    I read the other day http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post314118 that "chugit" figured a way to get 4gig+ games to run off an external, thought that this was HUGE but doesnt seem like its been attemped by anyone else, and apparently the external is left as the internals native ps3 state (UFS2?).. wish I could again try this but I need a 2.5" caddy or usb>sata adapter.
    Sorry to disappoint you but I still believe that it's not possible as I've mentioned in that thread as PS3 simply will not recognize it on USB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckluka View Post
    Come on people... Dump the Dev_Flash!
    Erm - have you noticed the comment from EvilSperm that there seems to be the problem with the current paylod? We're stil lwaiting for the fixed version sometime today hopefully ...
    Last edited by GrandpaHomer; 10-03-2010 at 12:11 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    and i can confirm the ps3 doesn't recognize the internal harddrive connected as external.

btw. i made an external adapter by myself with a normal sata-cable and a L-sataconnector from a dead mainboard (only the plastic cover). works fine for me and my first ps3 mod...
    Last edited by rippchen; 10-03-2010 at 12:27 PM

The BDVD (BackupManager) function isn't working. Homebrew DOES work, which means ftp works!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    It's not just "some info" - it's part of the firmware in the flash memory. And no - sorry - you can't downgrade this way - not as simple as would everyone wish
    Is it possible to write to the flash?

Is it possible to write to the flash?
    No - not with the current tools available.

i got my 3.15 working with just the bd board it was tough the clip on the bd side was missing but finally got it to run and how do i up load the dump on here, and what is all wanted all of the dev folders?
    Last edited by kornwood; 10-03-2010 at 10:40 PM

Quote Originally Posted by kornwood View Post
    i got my 3.15 working with just the bd board it was tough the clip on the bd side was missing but finally got it to run and how do i up load the dump on here, and what is all wanted all of the dev folders?
    For those types of files best to use RS/MU type site. I think most people are wanting the dev_flash folders.

Banned User

Question

Quote Originally Posted by kornwood View Post
    Thats handy to know, i'm having problems getting any homebrew working on 3.15 , thought laser might be the problem but if you can run homebrew with only the board attached then it must be something else,i cant read any disks so thought that was it. Can you telll me what homebrew files/groove port you used exactly?

i used this for my blackcat and used a ftp server but try this let me know if it was just me, but if i hit power then reset i would watch the blue light blink once or twice and then no files would load but would install.

what got it working was power then reset watch the blue light on the ps3 blink once or twice then stay solid im saying maybe after 5 seconds hit the eject button again and try to run homebrew.

here it is, it acts real weird tho check it out.
    load it with USB_FIRM_LOADER
    extract the contents of dev_flash to the root of your usb

[Register or Login to view links]
    Last edited by kornwood; 10-03-2010 at 11:58 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News