Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Freshly upgraded to 1.60 so when F@H finishes downloading I'll give this a spin and see what I can get going!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It doesnt work on my US 1.51 FW

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I cannot reproduce the results that hacked2123 or others have gotten.

I've just updated to 1.60 and downloaded the folder "PS3_LibMPEG_Exploit_PoC" with the mpeg inside titled "libmpeg" which is 4.79 MB (5,024,708 bytes) in size.

I put it on a FAT32 partition on my 80GB external USB HDD both just inside the partition and in a PS3/Video/ Directory and heres exactly what I've done.

Booted up the PS3 and then ran the file first that was just inside the partition. It was read as unsupported data and when tried to play a black screen came up with the words "The data type is not supported." I then shut down the PS3 by holding the button on the PS3 itself, it blinked the normal amount of times with no audio beeps and shut down normally.

This was with a PS1 game.

Redid everything except the next time I used the libmpeg video inside the PS3/Video/ directory and the results were the same.

Then re did both procedures but with the PS3 title Fight Night Round 3.

I then tried to copy it over to the PS3 hard drive but it wouldn't let me, stopped at 4% and wouldn't go further.
    Last edited by WOWchamp; 03-22-2007 at 05:19 PM

hacked, any idea that this could work with an audio file? maybe its the way the audio in the mpeg is encoded?

Stick Out Tongue

Quote Originally Posted by PRECiSE View Post
    ok I'm not sure if this helps at all. however being bored with my PS3 as I am, I went to the about Ps3 settings where the system update and all that good stuff in the XMB is located. I got to the bottom and noticed 2 things that stood out. libUNGIF and libTIFF trademarks or copyrights at the end. let the flaming or the fun begin. hope this helps. peace....Sui Generis
    Tight Dude! nice find!

Oh yeah and as always thanks a lot hacked2123

Quote Originally Posted by keninishna View Post
    I really dont see why this is important. Unless you know whats causing the crash and if this can actually be manipulated to load unsigned code is still unkown. Shouldent be too hard making lower fw versions of ps3 crash.
    Hehe... I know I know... I just thought it was an important instance where the use caused the crash instead of a game doing. It became a very controlled experiment. Figured something to work with was better than nothing. :-/

Is it known whether actual code can be executed at this point? Or is it the beginning of an exploit idea?

i got an audio glitch working!! it crashes the system. 25 green lights, and on the 25th precisely it turns red and shuts off. i dont know what i did.. but it was a beat i was working on, transfered it from my pc to my ps3.. and when i stop play during the song.. the system locks up displaying only the wavy bar.(moving) and all sixaxis controller buttons stop responding except for the PS button allowing me to shutdown system or controller. i think the audio is our way in just like xbox, that let us mod with a jamesbond or splinter cell file.

Quote Originally Posted by skrapps View Post
    i got an audio glitch working!! it crashes the system. 25 green lights, and on the 25th precisely it turns red and shuts off. i dont know what i did.. but it was a beat i was working on, transfered it from my pc to my ps3.. and when i stop play during the song.. the system locks up displaying only the wavy bar.(moving) and all sixaxis controller buttons stop responding except for the PS button allowing me to shutdown system or controller. i think the audio is our way in just like xbox, that let us mod with a jamesbond or splinter cell file.
    It probably doesn't matter but what version? And how are you so sure the splinter cell mod was based that way...it was a save-state last I checked.

I then tried to copy it over to the PS3 hard drive but it wouldn't let me, stopped at 4% and wouldn't go further.
    I like that... that is better information than the 1% crash I get with R1... will look into that right now.

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News