Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb Let's hack the PS3 already!

Sponsored Links
    Okay I'm tired of the PS3 not being hacked. So in this thread I want our local PS3 dev's to come up with a "new" hack idea every day for as long as possible.

The idea's can be absurd or absolutely idiotic, or even something we've tested before. The first stage of this thread will be listing, then it shall become testing and completely finalizing our results beyond reasonable doubt for each of the ideas.

This is a stupid idea, of all stupid ideas, but I'll start if off as day one so we can only move forward.
    1. LibPNG exploit for use on PPC64 architecture.

I'll be posting a "new" idea everyday, please every DEV here contribute some ideas as well.

Good night Everyone,
    Hacked2123 out.

Sponsored Links

Big Grin

Sponsored Links
    LOL! I'd say we should move this to the PS3 Hacks section (vs PS3 Dev) since it fits the topic there a lot better, specifically:
    Discussion of PS3 hacks, exploits, mods, projects, ideas go here.
    However, I wouldn't expect serious replies from the others as any ideas they have they don't wish to share publically for obvious reasons.

I am sure non-Devs would have fun coming up with some crazy/implausible ideas in a thread like this just for fun though.

Sadly, I can't think of any myself offhand... CJPC pretty much dismissed all mine two years ago.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    but if talk here, $ony may asap fix the hole before we start the hack?

Everyone who is updating the firmware of his PS3, is aware of the fact that he is going to have some problems hacking his PS3 later.
    Since I bought my PS3, I did not update my firmware once...

The only method I can think of is modifying the config file of the protection system.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by rickylyh View Post
    but if talk here, $ony may asap fix the hole before we start the hack?
    I was thinking about that. That's why I put it in the dev section, cause the requirements for viewing are higher if I remember correctly.

ALSO, don't even hint at anything you know works.
    I just want this to be a good recap to make sure we didn't over look something stupid, and to spin up some creativity in our minds, by stressing an idea a day. If something good we're to come up from this thread that had been over looked, or never thought of before, we are better off than before, even if it does get patched. We can't be paranoid and expect $ony to read every idea posted here.

1. LibPNG exploit for use on PPC64 architecture.
    2. Follow internal speaker on boot to see where the command is being issued.

I got a good 50 ideas to run through, so yeah, even if this thread is stupid itself, put down an idea yourself per day, to keep me from listing them everyday for the next 50 days. BTW, I won't be mentioning anything I know works either

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    1. Follow internal speaker on boot to see where the command is being issued.
    I believe the answer to this is already known.. through the syscon, right?

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I believe the answer to this is already known.. through the syscon, right?
    Most likely, almost 100% certainty, but seeing that idea might spur more ideas. (I was told the CPU.) I don't want to be looking into it till we run out of ideas though.

ok, give you one idea,
    get one Toshiba SE1000, than swap the PS3 CELL on there let try ture ps3 SPE on pc,

i always thought the hypervisor was based on software not hardware.

Just came up with a great idea I'm sure someone has thought of before, but never looked into. Will post pictures with this idea at midnight.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News