Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    Just came up with a great idea I'm sure someone has thought of before, but never looked into. Will post pictures with this idea at midnight.
    kool i hope it works how you want it to

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    Just came up with a great idea I'm sure someone has thought of before, but never looked into. Will post pictures with this idea at midnight.
    1. LibPNG exploit for use on PPC64 architecture.
    2. Follow internal speaker on boot to see where the command is being issued.
    3. Get one Toshiba SE1000, than swap the PS3 CELL on there let try ture ps3 SPE on pc (Use PS3 processor on PC?)
    4. Instead of modifying the data from the BD-ROM controller (which we know to be paired per console) we modify the data coming from the BD-ROM laser, which we know is unpaired.

Added rickylyh's idea.

We would just monitor the I/O from the cable (in photo), while we insert a real copy of a disk. A minimal amount of information is read to determine that it is indeed a PS1/PS2/PS3, and that should be easily spoofed. From there would be the hard part... if the first part wasn't hard enough to begin with... I wouldn't even know where to follow. :-/
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

ECP_00002.jpg   ECP_00003.jpg  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    1. LibPNG exploit for use on PPC64 architecture.
    2. Follow internal speaker on boot to see where the command is being issued.
    3. Get one Toshiba SE1000, than swap the PS3 CELL on there let try ture ps3 SPE on pc (Use PS3 processor on PC?)
    4. Instead of modifying the data from the BD-ROM controller (which we know to be paired per console) we modify the data coming from the BD-ROM laser, which we know is unpaired.

Added rickylyh's idea.

We would just monitor the I/O from the cable (in photo), while we insert a real copy of a disk. A minimal amount of information is read to determine that it is indeed a PS1/PS2/PS3, and that should be easily spoofed. From there would be the hard part... if the first part wasn't hard enough to begin with... I wouldn't even know where to follow. :-/
    What if there was a way to have a modchip like the drivekey (THINK WII) where it tells the ps3 its legit media whether its burned or an original copy of the game or whatever then hack the ps3 from there
    Last edited by shummyr; 06-08-2009 at 05:10 AM

Banned User
    From what has been posted so far about the br controller board there is still some controversy as to if they are uniquely paired or swappable if they are the same revision.

I think it would be good if someone with 2 working drives with the same revision controller board swap them making the answer definitive.

idea 2,
    go back looking why Lite-on 401 can read the ps3 layer on PC
    and it must load some special AACS on blu-ray let it pass to load ps3 layer, but, it not 100% coz no cell hypervisor and the key,so even can read the disc, but can not decrypt protected file.

idea 3,
    make the ps3 blu-ray drive use on pc/mac , let to see how it going read disc. may be just like lite-on one?

get the new ps3 magic wand (motion controller) and wave it on it and wish.

Just my 2 cents

Is it that sony signs games/demos as they are being released or that developers have what they need to get their demos to run on the ps3.

I am thinking ppl could find some way to hack a BD game put the files on the harddisk and run it as if its a demo. I guess finding out how to decrypt and encrypt the hdd and where to put the files would be needed.

We need to find whatever "OK" signal the ps3 games give the ps3 to be allowed to run and i had suggested using distributed computing (like f@h on pc gpus). Even if it takes a year with supercomputer speed processing to accomplish it. Might be impossible to have the actual target available to multiple pcs (a copy of the hypervisor or the encrypted file etc)

If sony began allowing full installs of games from BD to HDD we could find a way to make those games run without a need for the BD to be in the drive.

Hacking the firmware is another thing, but i guess that works with the supercomputer suggestion. Total access to what is in the firmware and the ability to write our own firmware should give full access to the ps3.

Someone write a virus that will turn all pcs infected into slaves to defeat ps3 protection

lets put a reader between the drive and the cable connector on the ps3 and see what info it gives and then use/make a chip to emulate it and see where it goes

i can hear some really good ideas here. keep it up guys i think we are on to something here. beacouse i want to help:

1] i have a bd rom\rw on my pc if you need to do tests or anything.
    2] can't we just set up a server instead of a super computer and everyone with pc's or laptops could connect to it and share the work that has to be done. that way we will finish i no time. think so....

idea 4,
    it should be last one i want share the idea
    there still have black hole on PS3 between to HDD,
    at list it on recover mode still have some hole. (the retail 3 beep restore more)
    look this picture, there is PS3 os start up by with out HDD,
    normal ps3 will start up any service after system boot fine,
    but this picture let we know, something happen on this ps3 is even no os, it also start some network service .....
    i only can say , it 100% not wifi or wire , coz it blocked this 2 device.
    that why got error on there.

well, nice talk here, hope ppl find the hole soon

Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

Picture.jpg  

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News