Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by RexVF5 View Post
    I think more promising approach would be to have a sets (pairs) of encrypted and unencrypted data and try to find out what the encryption/decryption algorithm is. Is anybody having such samples? I work with guy who is a mathematician dealing with cryptography so he might have some clue as how to proceed.
    Yes, we have gone about this, but as you know - its not an easy feat. The simplest way is to format your drive, and take say a picture, and copy it to the hdd, then follow the process to dump it - voila - encrypted and unencrypted data.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Yes, we have gone about this, but as you know - its not an easy feat. The simplest way is to format your drive, and take say a picture, and copy it to the hdd, then follow the process to dump it - voila - encrypted and unencrypted data.
    Sure. What I was asking about is if such data pair (encrypted + decrypted) is readily available for others to look at. Currently I do not have appropriate equipment to do this myself - that's why I am asking so that I could relay the data to the smart guy dealing with encryption. For what I know that would be a challenge for him to try to find out what the encryption is (for example the level of compressibility can tell you interesting stuff about cipher strength).

In my opinion it would be highly interesting to have first dozen of sectors of PS3 partition decrypted - it would tell us something about what kind of filesystem is being used...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by RexVF5 View Post
    What I was asking about is if such data pair (encrypted + decrypted) is readily available for others to look at.
    I spoke with NDT today about this, and he said to tell you to contact him on IRC and he will pass some along for you and your friend to examine.

If you join EFnet, just /msg CJPC and he will direct you to NDT there.

RexVF5 did you manage to get the data you were looking for?

Not yet, NDT said on IRC today to pass this along to him tho:
    i've read the message of rexvf5.. can you tell him i was out today?

i'll prepare the data to send to him

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Not yet, NDT said on IRC today to pass this along to him tho:
    Boss, is there any news on this one? I am hanging on IRC as much as I can but still nothing. I do not want to be impatient - just asking.

I will message you now...

Update: NDT is ready, please reply to one of us RexVF5.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblockchev View Post
    Keep your heads up guys, hey at least now the next discovery won't be harmed by these two weak individuals. If anything this brings us more hope, our wonderful PS3 Dev's just became that much stronger of a team. We just tightened our ship just like Sony tries to tighten theirs.
    ahh yes... but, does anyone remember the inside drama of the HDLoader for the PS2?

Why don't you guys try to get the partition table? It gives alot of info about partitions and filesystems. You can try to format the HDD and dump the partition table. Then, reformat the drive, create the OtherOS partition and redump the partition table. With this you may have something to look at...

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234