Today kha0S has made available a modified Linux image dubbed kha0S v3.0 for AsbestOS on PlayStation 3.
Download: kha0S Linux v3.0 / kha0S Linux v3.0 (Mirror)
To quote: This is a modified version of Linux or we can say Debian in this case where it will make AsbestOS much more smoother to work with the PS3. Here are the release notes taken from kha0S's official site.
RELEASE NOTES for kha0S Linux Img v3.0 All credits go to Kmeaw and marcan work.
RELEASE NOTES for v3.0
- Changed ext4 mount options from default to noatime (decrease IO to disk).
- Created swap file (128M). General PS3 system response feels smoother.
- Added support for /home in “external” partition. See INSTALL.TXT for instructions on how to use it.
RELEASE NOTES for v.2b
- Fixed udev rules, so ethernet device is always eth0.
RELEASE NOTES for v.2
- Increased size of image to 2G (~800M free!)
- Fixed network configuration – dhcp enabled in the right interface
- Changed Debian repository / added contrib and non-free archives
- Upgraded Debian release to testing (wheezyyyyyy)
- Installed x11vnc – allow remote access to an existing X session
- Installed ftp server (proftpd) – login with ps3 user
- Added ps3 user to sudoers
- Installed ps3-utils package
- Installed locales-all package
- Fix for date/time problem. Installed ntpdate package. Sync date/time with: ntpdate pool.ntp.org
- FIX: Remove IPv6 kernel modules (causing some kernel Oops). Fixed ssh server crash at boot.
More PlayStation 3 News...