Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by chortya View Post
    Can somebody make background FTP server with this ?
    Not with this. Also why do you need such thing? What do you hope it'd bring you?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Any help is appreciated, i get this error when compiling...
    Code:
    $ make
    make -C ../lv2
    make[1]: Entering directory `/c/usr/local/cell/AerialX-Kammy/lv2'
    make[2]: Entering directory `/c/usr/local/cell/AerialX-Kammy/lv2'
    ppu-lv2-g++ -c -nodefaultlibs -nostdlib -m64 -fno-builtin -fno-exceptions -Os -Wall -I. -I../libkammy/include -Ikammy -DLV2 -fno-rtti kammy/main.cpp -o kammy/build/main.o
    ./lv2.h:5: error: declaration of 'typedef u64 size_t'
    c:/usr/local/cell/host-win32/ppu/bin/../../../target/ppu/include/sys/types.h:27: error: conflicts with previous declaration 'typedef std::uint32_t std::size_t'

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    FTP service is much faster to use (I mean the number of manual operations you have to do to start it), why should I start separate program for FTP server if background service can be done. FTP server as a service/daemon is actually the way it "has" to be

End if it autostarts with the payload as some kind of module that would be perfect.

I agree. Background ftp as a service is the way its been on xbox custom dashboards for years.

bigdaddie: You cant compile this under windows at all, go download backtrack 4 vmware image and I will attach what you need here to compile.

This is a quick tut I have also included in the zip along with all the files you will need.

ppu-sysroot: [Register or Login to view links]

ppu-sysroot64: [Register or Login to view links]

ppu-binutils: [Register or Login to view links]

after you install those 3 install this one:

ppu-gcc: [Register or Login to view links]

After those are all installed you have to install the rest by first copying sources.list to:
    Code:
    /etc/apt/
    After that u need to update:
    Code:
    apt-get update
    After the update:
    Code:
    apt-get install gcc-avr
    apt-get install avr-libc
    apt-get upgrade
    then open up .bashrc in your home folder and add:
    Code:
    export PATH=$PATH:/opt/cell/toolchain/bin
    ~evil
    Attached Files Attached Files

The PS3 isn't great at multitasking different programs at once. Look how long it took just to get some basic in-game XMB functions.

With custom firmware it should be possible but it might cause performance issues.

This would obviously be very nice for internal HDD users, as it would allow you to play a game, browse the web or watch a movie on your PS3 while you wait on the FTP transfer to finish. Sitting there looking at the PS3 FTP homebrew app for 30 minutes or so while a game transfers isn't that much fun

It would be nice if we could take advantage of the background downloader system of the PS3 to allow us to make transfers while doing other tasks.

Thumbs Up

Thanks just have to wait to download that zip file...

Quote Originally Posted by chortya View Post
    FTP service is much faster to use (I mean the number of manual operations you have to do to start it), why should I start separate program for FTP server if background service can be done. FTP server as a service/daemon is actually the way it "has" to be

End if it autostarts with the payload as some kind of module that would be perfect.
    The built in FTP Server is to buggy to implement in the background, it would either crash the system or crash itself with no way to restart it. Besides do you really want to play a game with your uploading a game? that will cause the files to become more fragmented.

No, I am personally not interested in real multi-tasking. I'm just too lazy to start FTP server

Isn't someone capable enough to rewrite the ftp server and put is as a background deamon? I know i'm not, but there are a lot of talented people here.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News