Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Great - just today morning I was thinking how long it would take before we'll be able to JB 3.15 PS3s. Just wonder if it will drill down to even older versions though? Still have my release date PS3 on 1.50
    Yeah i was also thinking to upgrade to 3.41 today but after reading these wowsome updates it should be better to wait & see a little btw my 80gb ps3 is eagerly waiting to be jailbreaked

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I was about to update to 3.41 but am now waiting!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hi

is there any problem with 3.41 firmware?

Thanks

hahaha, hehe, LOL, Take that Sony.

Doh and I just updated my new ps3 to 3.41 yesterday as I thought this wouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by unlockerpt View Post
    is there any problem with 3.41 firmware?
    Not sure what kind of problem you have in mind but as far as I'm aware there are no issues in 3.41 from the PS3 fuctionality point of view. The ONLY "issue" seems to be for Sony as this is currently the only FW at which you can JB your PS3

(Unless indeed you'll count as an issue impossibility to connect to PSN / Play online / Play 3D movies).

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Not sure what kind of problem you have in mind but as far as I'm aware there are no issues in 3.41 from the PS3 fuctionality point of view. The ONLY "issue" seems to be for Sony as this is currently the only FW at which you can JB your PS3

(Unless indeed you'll count as an issue impossibility to connect to PSN / Play online / Play 3D movies).
    Lets not forget OTHEROS which a lot of users pre 3.41 are still "stuck" on. I kinda wish I never upgraded back when it was removed serveral updates ago.

An upside to this would be that a jailbroken 3.15 system could show what has been removed from the firmware that enables otherOS so it's still possible for all us who have updated.

Quote Originally Posted by smotheredhope View Post
    An upside to this would be that a jailbroken 3.15 system could show what has been removed from the firmware that enables otherOS so it's still possible for all us who have updated.
    Not to rain on your parade but simply seeing the "diferences" will not help much - the whole FW must be firs RE-d to understand it's functionality, then actuall differences found and even after that it doesn't automatically means that knowing the difference or what was changed or removed will lead to re-enabling (any) functionality on later FWs. All this is quite complex process FAR beyond just comparing two folders or bin files and "filling up the missing bits".

It's cool, I know that it would take more than just copying folders from one to another but I was just saying that it could be a very interesting find and that someday somrthing could come from compairing how different firmwares react. It might lead to more exploits being found on older firmware or maybe Geohot's original hack. I agree though it would be a very difficult task but it certainly will aid those who would try.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News