Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

James Bond 007 Blood Stone USA Requires 3.50 PS3 Firmware

Similar to how Medal of Honor required PlayStation 3 Firmware 3.42 until a workaround followed by a fix surfaced, today James Bond 007 Blood Stone USA was released by DEFECT for PS3 JailBreak users, and the NFO File states it requires PS3 Firmware 3.50.

While the European version only requires Firmware 3.41, I have gotten the USA scene release version of James Bond 007 Blood Stone working fine here.

Although it initially requires PS3 Firmware 3.50, I modified the SFO File to version 3.41000 and removed the game's update folder.

Then I simply used the EBOOT.bin file from the MRN European version and it's now running on my JailBroken PS3 console. The game is currently installing the game data on my system as I write this, enjoy everyone!

James Bond 007 Blood Stone USA Requires 3.50 PS3 Firmware

More PlayStation 3 News...

Thanks for submitting this FireSokar and +Rep.. I'm sure with the US version just being released this will help many people who were curious how to get it working.

Could still be a lucky shot, as the eboot.bin should be resembling the US 3.50 version with a different verification structure, thus 99% of the game should be equal between EU and NTSC versions. The funny thing seems to be that the eboot.bin itself doesn't get verified at the moment when the .sfo points to the correct firmware version the eboot describes.

Banned User
    LOL. So 3.50 games are still playable on 3.41. So the delay for GT5 is totally useless. LOL

So far I've played 3 Levels and have had no problems. I like how my original post gets jazzed up a bit You should see how I submitted it... I bet half the users wouldn't have been able to understand it. LOL

Thumbs Up

Yep, we try to link to relevant articles or files when possible so that it saves the "where did you get XYZ from?" type questions.

One thing that would be helpful is the EU EBOOT.bin file if someone grabs and can link to it... You can use RS/MU/etc to post it here as we don't host those files but I will approve your post with a link to it and +Rep ya to save others time in hunting it down.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    One thing that would be helpful is the EU EBOOT.bin file if someone grabs and can link to it... You can use RS/MU/etc to post it here as we don't host those files but I will approve your post with a link to it and +Rep ya to save others time in hunting it down.
    If its not posted already by the time I get it I'll post it.

Here's the EU EBOOT.bin http://www.multiupload.com/MJ1AOH19VE

Looks like FireSokar beat ya to it Jes03, but THANKS for the offer anyway and +Rep to you both. Carry on pirates.. err, homebrewers!

Hope JailBreak will release version working with Firmware 3.50+ because for other new game releases this doesn't have to work. Any news on that?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast