Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    meego emulation for symbian plz xD

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If the source is available it should be no problem to compile it for android or any other linux kernel based device, as it is "nothing more" than a linux kernel module simulating a usb hub and doing the descriptor exploit magic.

The only obstacle is that the kernel module needs to match the linux kernel, thus for any device a different set of kernel+module.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Because the LG Ku990 is a dumbphone that can hardly do anything barring making calls. The only platforms with the ability to do something like this would be Maemo, Android, iOS and more than likely Symbian (Although iOS and Symbian may be quite a bit more tricky)

An Android port seems to be around the corner though: [Register or Login to view links]

If anyone can do it XDA can.

@all the people asking for "insert random" device support..

you need a device running a linux kernel (maemo, android,iphone with a lot of hacking) for easy porting, any other solution needs low level access to the usb driver and a completely rewrite, so not gonna happen or at least not soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tillman View Post
    If the source is available it should be no problem to compile it for android or any other linux kernel based device, as it is "nothing more" than a linux kernel module simulating a usb hub and doing the descriptor exploit magic.

The only obstacle is that the kernel module needs to match the linux kernel, thus for any device a different set of kernel+module.
    Not exactly. This kernel module is driver for a specific device controller. Dunno what sits inside n900 but say if it's net2280 it will be of little use for pxa2xx_udc etc. However it could be used as an reference but it might be no more usefull than psgroove.

I only hope for a symbian port one day, dev boards are like imposible to get in poland

can anyone help me??

my n900 says- psfreedom-enable.sh: Permission denied

Quote Originally Posted by emsi View Post
    Not exactly. This kernel module is driver for a specific device controller. Dunno what sits inside n900 but say if it's net2280 it will be of little use for pxa2xx_udc etc. However it could be used as an reference but it might be no more usefull than psgroove.
    I dont think so, imo he wrote a gadget usb kernel module, and did no modification to the device controller, and the kernel modules uses normal usb gadget api stuff, therefore portable.

kakaroto original quote:
    By writing this exploit as a standard linux driver, this means that my module can be used on any other linux-enabled devices.. this means not only the N900, but also the 770, N800, N810, Android phones and future Meego devices. It might need a little porting for some devices though, but it should still work…

I believe i've found a workaround. All you need is a type a - type a USB cable or if you're willing to splice two usb cables together so you can hook up a laptop and a PS3.

My method:

There is a Maemo emulator for linux. I'm going to set it up and try and get PSFreedom to run that way. I've a Type A - Type A USB cable lying around somewhere.

[Register or Login to view links]

I'm in the process of getting the emulator running now for some testing.

I quoted that from another forum I post on so excuse the odd wording.

To imitate different devices connecting and disconnecting the USB hub with fake descriptors and stuff you need to directly interact with the the controller. Otherwis you would not need the kernel module just the userland app.

Sponsored Links
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News