Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

JaicraB Releases PS3 OtherOS Base Exploit and Source Code

Sponsored Links
    As a follow-up to his previous work, today JaicraB has updated his blog entry with a PS3 OtherOS Base Exploit and the related Source Code for PlayStation 3 developers.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

This comes shortly after gow3forme shared a relatively larger PS3 OtherOS Exploit Module which seemed to be loaded (the command lsmod showed: exploit 10497032 1 - loading 0x000000000012000 (P+)) but nothing appeared on the video.

To quote, roughly translated: Good. Here you have a minimum base to build the otheros.bld. The BLD takes up 30 Kb and has functions to the HDD with ext2 to save the DUMP. The functions are described.

Call table incorporates LV1 and ASM functions. This ready to assemble the mechanism of the exploit. I hope this helps those concerned who did not know where to start. It has been compiled with the toolchain pdaXrom.

JaicraB Releases PS3 OtherOS Base Exploit and Source Code

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Thanks for sharing JaicraB.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    what does this mean?

i think this means we can now dump an almost untouched memory.

Cool

Does it mean that we are ready now to dump lvl2 without Geo's exploit? Can anyone do it, just like that or the code is not ready yet and still need some fixing?

If we can dump lvl2 with that i'll do it today and i'll send you dump if you want it, because i think you'll need dumps from all models. Correct me if i'm wrong please. I'm ready to help!

Banned User
    Dunno? But as I have a slim I think its useless to me....

If I understand this well, we still need to trigger the exploit but this a base to build the smallest Linux distro (can we even still call it a Linux?) so that we can dump Lv2 more clearly.

Question

so we still need to take apart and mod our ps3s to get this to run? it would be great if not, i'd dump my 80gb LBP bundled ps3 today.

Banned User
    and now we are heading to our target :-)

very nice. 30kb usage and the rest of the dump is untouched. thats awsome

very nice work. i hope this progress will get ahead that good.

greetings
    Warrorar

ok i think i get it now.. so this is a very small linux OS, or its the starting point to making a very linux OS so we can get a better more complete lv2 dump via the cold boot method.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News