Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    I wonder if it would be better or easier to try to come up with a modchip like for the ps2 for the ps3 to hack it with software like the psp.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Mod chip for WHAT? Corrently no more "patchable" HW has been reported and a good DB-emu (very low-level) would be much more than a simple mod-chip..

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Many working on the Playstation since it got released and also people tried to get a modchip working for the system, but its the same like the psp problem. you have to hack the software before you can attack the system because the software protects the whol console.

at the playstation 3 the hypervision blocks all incoming code who's not signed. if you install a modchip without knowing the correct key to sign updates/software/homebrews, you cant start those things on the playstation 3.

when the key is known, i think some modchips will arrive in the future. but are they needed? i don't think so. in around 1-2 years the software will be completly hacked and there will be software based solutions for all things. homebrew, backup, customfirmware, linux. all what you wanna do.

i wish there would be news =/ many days are gone now since the last update.

Another question to geohot. If you are that angry at Sony for removing OtherOS, then why don't release the whole LV2 Dump?

The modchip is a HW to attack HW. But the ps3 security is so tight, only the address lines can be tampered. In psx/ps2/wii/etc the modchip replaces/patch the mediacodes, and trigger HW-vulnerabilities to run arbitrary codes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrorar View Post
    you have to hack the software before you can attack the system because the software protects the whol console.
    WRONG! You can attack many ways, but because hardware-attacks are hard, require special/expensive equipment, and maybe you can achieve back-up load.. it's quite a bit hassle.

Actually, as the system has not known sw vulnerability, the only way is by hardware "modchip" (gh exploit) and software..
    Now we have access to the entire system, but the main goal is to "unlimit" the gameos too.

Ok, so the software would still need to be hacked before you can do anything with the hardware and then it would be unnecessary because you can make the software do it for you without the need of any hardware modification.

Quote Originally Posted by tjay17 View Post
    Ok, so the software would still need to be hacked before you can do anything with the hardware and then it would be unnecessary because you can make the software do it for you without the need of any hardware modification.
    right now the exploit requires hardware modification but simply put that is the ultimate goal...

to obtain a software hack on the ps3 the current methods use a hardware moddification... someday i hope that we will one day not need a hardware mod, but for the time being we don't have any keys so we are still kinda just poking about in the dark...

Ok, so right now it is sort of at the beginning stages.

its the same like at the playstation portable. when i flashed my first psp, i had the risk of getting it bricked. a friend of mine hade to use an exploit of the game grand theft auto liberty city stories.

a half year later, someone found a way to change the battery of the psp to let it boot first from the memory stick not from the flash. the first jailbrick battery was born.

today, you don't need more then 3 minutes to flash a psp. only the games are actually a problem.

the same will happen to the psp. when someone of the hadesteam, or ps3news or whatever, even geohot can be the one, when someone finds a way to create the first custom firmware. people will follow, people wil create powerful tools, tools which makes it easier to help at projects.

but it needs time.

greetings
    Warrorar

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News