Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes03 View Post
    Dunno? But as I have a slim I think its useless to me....
    which firmware have you got? the exploit is working on the slims too, but, you must have 3.15 or lower.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

Exclamation

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by dondolo View Post
    which firmware have you got? the exploit is working on the slims too, but, you must have 3.15 or lower.
    How can it work on the slims when they don't have the option for OtherOS?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Correct.. PS3 Slim doesn't has OTHEROS for now, but MAYBE in the future!

But the awesome thing in KeyFind PuP is that we can actually turn on OtherOS on Slim and FAT ps3 on 3.30. For example we got new firmware like 3.40, so if we get key from 3.40 we can make CFW and for example turn on OTHEROS on Slim and FAT ps3 that updated to 3.21/3.30 where otherOS is disabled!
    Last edited by TUHTA; 05-13-2010 at 08:57 AM

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by TUHTA View Post
    Correct.. PS3 Slim doesn't has OTHEROS for now, but MAYBE in the future!

But the awesome thing in KeyFind PuP is that we can actually turn on OtherOS on Slim and FAT ps3 on 3.30. For example we got new firmware like 3.40, so if we get key from 3.40 we can make CFW and for example turn on OTHEROS on Slim and FAT ps3 that updated to 3.21/3.30 where otherOS is disabled!
    That's one thing that will make me happy. My 60GB YLOD 4 times this year so $ony exchanged it for a slim and now I miss the 60GB. If the slim gets OtherOS it will lessen the pain of losing the 60gb a little. The next would be PS2 BC. That would make me like the slim.

Is there a good chance a CFW with OtherOS will be available for the slims soon? Don't forget you can reinstall the current firmware in the recovery menu, so if a 330CFW is made we can all install it.

Haha, this is getting exciting. I've got a slim, so all I can really do is sit back and watch right now but hopefully we'll be able to get cfw soon!

Aaah man - this is all great guys, but i'm really missing online play atm... I cant wait anymore Do you guys think my 10Gb linux partition will be lost completely, or will i be able to get it back if a cfw is ever developed?

Quote Originally Posted by Jes03 View Post
    Is there a good chance a CFW with OtherOS will be available for the slims soon? Don't forget you can reinstall the current firmware in the recovery menu, so if a 330CFW is made we can all install it.
    This is just an assumption at the moment. Depending on the process needed to actually INSTALL the CFW (let's say the exploit trigger or using some other trick with bug in the game etc.) it might me NOT as simple as "reinstall the same" fw sadly ...

yea remember George's CFW needed OtherOS so you can install it, so i'm guessing George hasn't found a way to run it through the GameOS just yet.

if TeamHades gets a CFW up and running it'll most likely be run through OtherOS first and then they will try to work on getting it running through the GameOS.

Quote Originally Posted by livpool View Post
    yea remember George's CFW needed OtherOS so you can install it, so i'm guessing George hasn't found a way to run it through the GameOS just yet.
    Yeah, but according to one of his posts, he can access a SPU to sign his code. I wonder why he hasn't done it. Maybe it didn't work like he thought.

As always I must ask... what does this mean? Does this mean TeamHades has accomplished something new since their last news piece; and is this close to running custom firmware that EgoHot does not want to release?

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News