Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Arrow

Here is jaicrab's key finder hexedited in english. I just don't know spanish and I used google translate..

Everything makes sense except this "Mensaje" thing which translates to "Message".. I guess this means something else huh?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by kakashigr View Post
    Here is jaicrab's key finder hexedited in english. I just don't know spanish and I used google translate..

Everything makes sense except this "Mensaje" thing which translates to "Message".. I guess this means something else huh?
    i just wrote the word "mensaje" in wikipedia, then i transalted to english.. it means MESSAGE well done, thank you kikishigr

Quote Originally Posted by dondolo View Post
    well done, thank you kikishigr
    Agreed, and +Rep for the effort in doing it kakashigr! I have updated the Site News with it as well.

Quotes from twitter:
    @Mathieulh I have a hard time believing they'd use only HMAC to sign PUPs. Unless they're totally retarded. Which could be, for all I know.

@marcan42 It's not actually, but I have no idea why geohot isn't showing up. The hmac key to resign pups is in software_update_plugin.sprx

@marcan you can swap the pup's tarballs to have the 3.21 vsh on top of the 3.15 coreos, then swap the tarball with sysconf_plugin.sprx.

@marcan42 that's how geohot's "cfw" is done, though I have never seen the point in such a hack, it could be stopped by sony in next updates.

@marcan42 they are, the pups are just containers, the files in them are then signed but you can swap one signed file for another

@marcan42 what was much more stupid of them was to put the key in a vsh's prx rather than in the application loader.

@marcan42 of course the tarballs and the updater self inside the pups are all encrypted with the self crypto and have a stronger signature.
    So the whole point of this keyfinder is moot.

Does this file also reside inside the update PUPs? And if so, inside which .pkg (from the tar) is it in?

Does this file also reside inside the update PUPs? And if so, inside which .pkg (from the tar) is it in?
    Well - the file does yes, inside one of the dev_flash PKG's (with pretty much, all of the rest of the dev_flash contents)

So the whole point of this keyfinder is moot.
    Not really. Until someone finds a way of decoding self/sprx files, we can't look at what's inside this sprx to check if the HMAC code is there or not.

Well, I guess using the memory exploit you can have access to these files and from what I understand they are decoded (or are able to be decoded by using metldr or coldboot attack on lv2).

Arrow

Quotes from twitter:
    Here are a few more related Twitter updates:
    @marcan42 I agree with you, and I predict that the hybrid fw was premature... flashing nand with mem patched hv, rather than a pup.

@RichDevX But, couldn't we change the pup that detects it?

@Omega191 it's also very simple to detect hybrid fw...

@Omega191 it's not a pup issue, the hard coded version numbers would be different. VSH/PRXs would be much newer than the kernel/hv

@Omega191 it can be checked with a single syscall, which is also available to games

Hopefully those twitter messages will help and hopefully something will be found out soon.

Well, I guess using the memory exploit you can have access to these files and from what I understand they are decoded (or are able to be decoded by using metldr or coldboot attack on lv2).
    Reading George's blog entry about the wallpaper hack, it seems that he has patched the HV to allow him to access the flash from OtherOS. That way he has easy access to the files in the flash.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789